Two Questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Re: Two Questions

Post by Mister B »

FrankJ, I had a similar problem with my Tenpoint HLX and the same arrows you are using. I noticed a little mark on my nock and wondered what was making it. Figured at first it was just the rail touching the nock. Then one day I placed an arrow in the bow and pulled it out to check the fletching, when I did I noticed that the anti-dryfire lever caught the arrow with a very tiny jerk. On closer ovservation I could see that the metal nocks I was using on my shafts were a hair's width larger than my shaft. Taking my thumbnail and dragging it off the end of the nock I felt a little ridge. Took a little fine grit emery cloth and worked the nock's edge down flush with the shaft and the arrows flew true. Since the new stop-dryfire mechanism for Excals works the same way you might want to check your nocks.
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Take off the antidry fire and shoot the bow. Is the noise still there? if yes then the ADF has changed the retainer? if no its in the ADF.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

one shot scott wrote:Take off the antidry fire and shoot the bow. Is the noise still there? if yes then the ADF has changed the retainer? if no its in the ADF.
when you reposition the retainer ,which you have to do using the ADF, you move it forward a good inch. You must center and tighten screws real good.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I think you are up to three questions now Frank...Welcome aboard! :D
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Waste of money on the ADF

As for the twing shrink wrap it.

I dryfired my Phoenix with no D bars string stoppers on and a Boo string recocked and kept shooting.
Tenpoint Matrix
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Old Jim wrote:
Frankj wrote:Two Questions Hi I am new to the forium and to cross bows . Can someone tell me what they call the part of the Xbow that holds the arrow down tight to the rail .Also I installed the new anti Dryfire on my Vortex and now when I shoot an arrow I get a metal on metal noise and aloud vibration like a tuning fork coming from that part . How can I stop it .Other than that the bow shoots great .
When you reposition the arrow retainer using the anti dry fire, it must be lined up and tightened properly. It's new position makes it longer. The antyi dry fire is the best aftermarket item I have ever purchased for an Excalibur crossbow, and I've bought a lot. A would guess that Bill at Excalicur would install them on all his crossbows if he wasn't afraid of the TenPoint patent. Now I can let anyone use my bow without blowing it up.
I am glad that you find that the after market ADF works well for you. BUT, just because it works well for you and you like it doens't mean that it should be on my crossbow or anyone elses. I don't need anyone else protecting me from myself. The .GOV already does way to much of that.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Frankj

Post by Frankj »

I took care of the twang by putting shrink tubing on it and bending the retainer up a little . As for the arrow flight problem Mister B you were right , I had the marks on 2 of my arrows that were flying out of the group .I sanded them smoth and they are right in the group .You guys are great when it comes to info .Thanks again And by the way Galgo I only count up to two , the first and the last . LOL