In-Line Draw-loc on my Mathews SB XT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: In-Line Draw-loc on my Mathews SB XT

Post by Boo »

Do you have any interests in the Draw-loc? There's nothing wrong with it if you do but you should make it clear.
You don't have to mention that you own a Scorpyd, LOL!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Nice video, Bet they will sell like hotcakes on a crossbow site. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Super 91

Post by Super 91 »

Boo wrote:Do you have any interests in the Draw-loc? There's nothing wrong with it if you do but you should make it clear.
You don't have to mention that you own a Scorpyd, LOL!
Absolutely zero interest in the company. I am just a guy who saw it and took a liking to something that I feel will be able to get a lot of archers back in the field.

And the Scorpyd leaves for its new owner on Monday.

I took this by a bow shop today to show them all about it. One thing that we discussed is how this device could be used as a "portable Hooter Shooter" to be able to tune a bow. You can easily take the Draw-loc and place on a bow, and keep adjusting what you need to get the bow in perfect tune. You can't torque the bow when Draw-loc is installed. Or at least it would be VERY hard to. If you were to rest the bow on a tripod or rest of some sort where the shooter was not holding the bow and only touching the bow enough to set the trigger off, you eliminate much of the human error factor. I think the Draw-loc has a lot of other merits than just a hunting tool.

My wife even shot my bow today with the Draw-loc installed. She might be a 24" or 25" draw length, and she might, and I mean might could pull 40 pounds. But she was able to shoot a 72 pound 27.5" XT. Sure, it wasn't easy for her to hold, but with a little practice she could do well with it.

And if you watched the video, did anyone notice how quiet the setup is?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Makes me ask, from before, bow companys say you lose warrenty with a draw-loc (someone from this forum called) so if pro shops use them, is warrenty gone before we even get our new bows? Better start working on changing the bow companies minds about them first so we keep our warrenty if we use them. Vertical bows would have to be tested if they could stand being cocked all day long in which they are not tested for now. You have a big mountain to climb. Could have sworn we went through this just a little while ago. Thats my opinion for how little it is worth.
jag

Post by jag »

Warranty? If I have $1,000.00 invested in my Mathews bow setup, and I hurt my shoulder, do you think I will worry about a warranty? Set of limbs for a Mathews bow will run me around $125.00. Other than limbs, what else could go wrong?
The limbs of a crossbow are the same as a compound bow, (call any of the bow companies and ask) If it wont hurt a crossbow being held at full draw than......
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

jag wrote:Warranty? If I have $1,000.00 invested in my Mathews bow setup, and I hurt my shoulder, do you think I will worry about a warranty? Set of limbs for a Mathews bow will run me around $125.00. Other than limbs, what else could go wrong?
The limbs of a crossbow are the same as a compound bow, (call any of the bow companies and ask) If it wont hurt a crossbow being held at full draw than......
Love to get a set of 60# limbs for a Mathews for $125.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome back Jag!
What is the advantage of having a draw lock over a crossbow, assuming one doesnt already own a compound before an injury?

also assuming the crossbow isnt banned in my home state/province?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

18 posts jag and 14 of them on draw-locs. Hmmmm you Super 91 as well?
Super 91

Post by Super 91 »

You sure seem to have a problem with this product to go so far as to say we are the same. Find someone who can trace internet addresses. You will find we are not the same.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Super 91 wrote:One thing that we discussed is how this device could be used as a "portable Hooter Shooter" to be able to tune a bow. You can easily take the Draw-loc and place on a bow, and keep adjusting what you need to get the bow in perfect tune.
What a great idea! I'm getting one!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
jag

Post by jag »

one shot scott wrote:Welcome back Jag!
What is the advantage of having a draw lock over a crossbow, assuming one doesnt already own a compound before an injury?

also assuming the crossbow isnt banned in my home state/province?

Hi One Shot,
There are a number of reasons: weight is less, 1/2 the draw poundage, a lot easier to shoot, let the bow down without having to shoot it, a compound bow is a lot quieter, free hand shooting is eaiser and more accurate, just to name a few reasons. Moving around in the woods is a real treat with this thing on your bow to. Thanks for asking
jag

Post by jag »

wheelie wrote:
jag wrote:Warranty? If I have $1,000.00 invested in my Mathews bow setup, and I hurt my shoulder, do you think I will worry about a warranty? Set of limbs for a Mathews bow will run me around $125.00. Other than limbs, what else could go wrong?
Love to get a set of 60# limbs for a Mathews for $125.

Call Waldo's Sporting Good in Columbia, Ms. They quoted me 125-150. You can google to get the number. Oh and "who are you kidding?"
jag

Post by jag »

wheelie wrote:18 posts jag and 14 of them on draw-locs. Hmmmm you Super 91 as well?

You have seen
super 91's video at the beginning of this post, here is mine. I met him at the ATA show in January and ordered a one of our units.

Some people are very suspicious. Wheelie, maybe you have played that game yourself. "Hmmmmmm"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCKfM4rxOg

Take care,
Jag
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Its is interesting. how does it mount to the bow? It looks like you still use the original bow rest.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-