off hand shooting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

off hand shooting

Post by masboy »

been practicing some at 50yds off hand and i know now that i could never shoot as good with my matthews as this excalibur.after a few rounds of 5 with my best arrows with scope set on 4x and ajo on 50yds most shots going around 3 inches . scope has regular crosshair and sited in at 30yds.so just held at top of my shooting bag.i,m about 20 inches low.i shoot at 50 so i don,t mess up my 5 best arrows works so far.i get mostly one flyer each round when i jerk the trigger.got too learn not too jerk buts its hard too do . i,m working on it thow.one jerk and one arrows off up too 8 inches.but when i squeeze it its in the bull.i got a real good trigger on it that makes it easy too shoot.the excaliburs empress me the more i shoot them.can,t wait too get ahold off my sons matthews i,ll take all there money! they been rideing me pretty hard about me shooting with them off hand.they know they want no parts of my xcal with a rest.havn,t told them i been practiceing.got a little suprise for em .mite buy some 2117s with there money.do my best just letting it lay in palm of my hand not squeezing forearm ,don,t shoot as good if i grip forearm tight.
masboy

Re: off hand shooting

Post by masboy »

i also am much better on paper than deer,an i get some flyers too .but shot a lot better than i thought i could.deer shooting is a hole different story.can,t believe some i,ve missed. getting excited i guess,if i didn,t get excited i wouldn,t hunt. if you ever get up this way your more than welcome too stay here any time.will go hunting or fishing any time no problem.
Joystyx

Post by Joystyx »

Nice shooting ! Congrats !
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Dash

Post by Dash »

Good luck against the boys masboy :!: Most days I can shoot accurate by hand. But ......it seems that when you go to show someone how accurate you are, is when you start to lose consistancy :lol: Its happened to me twice now. Don't let the pressure get to you. Treat it like another practice, stay focused but relaxed, and you will kick ass.
masboy

Post by masboy »

thats for sure dash,done that with a rifle before choked!!!! if the boys kick my butt it won,t be the first time. i won 10 bucks from my oldest son one time ,him shooting his 22 mag with a scope and me shooting my matthews switchback at 50 yds. we were shooting a four inch square 3 shots each 10 bucks a shot .i hit the card almost dead center first shot ,shocked him and me too. i won that day but he took my money a few days later buy putting two out of three in the card.i didn,t think he could do it with a light little rifle.some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you! there always trying too kick the old mans butt one way or another. they,ve done it shooting and a few other ways. the old man ain,t as tough as he used to be,getting old sucks.all in fun thow!