nock problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

denisdendenis

nock problem

Post by denisdendenis »

got a excalibur equinox.i shoot 2 carbon arrows (partice pointes) that came in my right stuff package,in the block for cross bow at 20 yard .ho! ho! only 2 inch.of the arrows was out the block,so i use my excalibur puller.i pull the 2 nock out of the arrows... :( ps... the 2 arrows are still in the bock...any sugestion will be welcome.. :) on the good side it a dam!! !powerfull cross bow
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
Pydpiper

Re: nock problem

Post by Pydpiper »

They need to change the name of that thing to a "nock removal tool".
There is a way better device out there made by Danny Miller (go figure), a modified pair of side cutters, absolutly amazing device! Someone will come along and post a picture soon enough.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

wala, available at [740] 483-2312 if you are in US, also north of border if in Canada. danny is USA warranty rep and real reasonable on prices, fwiw. Hint: fill out your profile w/ locale,will make life easier on here. :D

"Eze 18:21"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I would take some Gorilla Glue and apply it to the nock. Insert the nock back into the arrow, wait 30 minutes and pull your arrow out via the same method used previously . . .Gorilla Glue will not let go, ever.

Good luck.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

sumner4991 wrote:I would take some Gorilla Glue and apply it to the nock. Insert the nock back into the arrow, wait 30 minutes and pull your arrow out via the same method used previously . . .Gorilla Glue will not let go, ever.

Good luck.
Do you use the regular glue Scott? I have Gorilla glue here but it foams pretty good when it cures. Is there another kind or is that the same stuff? Never thought of using it on arrows.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Pydpiper wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:I would take some Gorilla Glue and apply it to the nock. Insert the nock back into the arrow, wait 30 minutes and pull your arrow out via the same method used previously . . .Gorilla Glue will not let go, ever.

Good luck.
Do you use the regular glue Scott? I have Gorilla glue here but it foams pretty good when it cures. Is there another kind or is that the same stuff? Never thought of using it on arrows.
That's the stuff I use . . .I use very little, it expands and creates a seal you will not believe on the carbon shafts. I've never have a nock nor a insert to let loose after applying the Gorilla Glue. . .which is also a downside if you ever want to change it out. I've never been successful at removing one. Never.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Do you use it with the brass inserts too Sumner? I have used gorilla glue on them and still pulled the front/back inserts out :shock: At my last 3d shoot I lost 3 of 4 inserts. (Likely due to age). but Sumu glue which expands alot like the goriila glue I have never had a problem with.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
novacam

Post by novacam »

planter wrote:My problem is NOT the nocks.. It is the front insert. I have had more than a few come loose while in the target. It means field tips ans BH's are in the Block just waiting to be hit by an incoming arrow.
Ive had that problem too, the front insert came out twice and one is loose. I glued the one back in and havent had a problem since but the other one is still questionable.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

one shot scott wrote:Do you use it with the brass inserts too Sumner? I have used gorilla glue on them and still pulled the front/back inserts out :shock: At my last 3d shoot I lost 3 of 4 inserts. (Likely due to age). but Sumu glue which expands alot like the goriila glue I have never had a problem with.
I have used it on brass inserts . . .worked great . . .I have only used with carbon shafts, alum. and brass. Never had a failure. I tried like the devil to get some brass inserts when I switched to alum. and could not pull them out . . .I tried everything. I still have those arrows in my target arrow bucket. I still shoot them.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good luck.
I would do the same thing. I use this glue for my knocks and inserts and it is bomb proof so far!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
cevans

Post by cevans »

Seems to me, on the new arrows,,the glue they are using is kinda like fletchtite glue,,it gets hard and brittle,,and I had to take all inserts and nocks out and reglue them, as I was loosing mine as well,,I used hotmelt, and everything is fine . But everytime you buy mass produced arrows,,you get what you pay for I guess. 2 dozen so far, and I just reglue everything in before I shoot,,take a brass bore brush that fits the inside if its a carbon shaft, and make sure you clean the inside of the shaft out of the old glue before you reglue the insert/nock in again.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
munch

Post by munch »

i sand the inside of the shaft then clean the dust out with a qtip and some alcohol before i glue the inserts in .seems to help .ive been using locktite blue gel glue
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook