Had Another 3-D Club Meeting Last Night

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Had Another 3-D Club Meeting Last Night

Post by awshucks »

About the same number o0f attendees as last one, about 15 guys. The dues are planned at $30 a year single and $40 for family. We still need formal approval from church that owns the 35 acres, but have contingincy locations to boot.

We need $375 for insurance per year, policy limits $2M and can shuffle up to four different properties easily to hold Culry, Larry, Moe events at their ranges. Prob is the $2200 needed for targets [24]

I described the intermural forum friends US/Canuck National we held on my property as few years ago We didn't have real 3-D type targets but got the job done by putting up a small white paper like a recipie card w/ black circle the size of half dollar. Located the butts/bags on corners of lanes where you got two range per two sided single bag or block.

Scored a 5 for closest to black, 4 for next closest, ect down to a 1 if you just stuck the bag.

Too make a 2hr meeting short, they decided we would just get ins and landowners ok [need the ins for that] and then hold informal members/perspective members 50/50 money shoots to raise funds for $2200 worth of McKenxzies ect.

I got the red headed step child line about not to many xbows at first, no separate classes, bleak scores ahead. Told them no problem, they would be shooting their compounds for hat pin trophies while we were knocking them out of winners circle one at a time, lol

Now I got to get down to 280fps w/ Y-25, Excel string and heavier arrows. Might be able to hussle a few bets, 'you shoot my xbow while I shoot your vert comp' I layed one winner closest to the x at 30 last time w/ dons on my 1st shot.

Polk County Archers Assn is up and limping forward! Ill keep y'all posted, we're accepting doantions for targets, neat little designs by targets for credit due. hint hint, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Re: Had Another 3-D Club Meeting Last Night

Post by vixenmaster »

I will have to send you small funds while the mrs back is turned, she don't approve of me spending money, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

vixenmaster wrote:I will have to send you small funds while the mrs back is turned, she don't approve of me spending money, :lol:
You married to a career banker wife as well? LOL
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

No but she feels her wants come 1st. After all mine are just about hunting stuff! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MDBOWHUNTER

Post by MDBOWHUNTER »

Check out randwtargets.com This will save you some money on targets. They don't have a hugh selection, but hold up well and are half the price of makenzie. It is a small operation in NC. My 3D club has been using them for several years now.
masboy

Post by masboy »

sounds great wish they had some freindly places to crossbowers around here. crossbowers shunned around here.thats why i shoot at home a lot.none to freindly at clubs here.went to muzzelloader shoot years ago .had thompson center hawkins they didn,t like my gun they all had custom built guns .they wern,t to freindly but let me shoot.first they complained my gun was too loud .was shooting my deer load out of my old 54 cal . said they only shoot 35 gr powder. wiped them out won almost everthing they had 4 1 onuce silver coins ,balls ,powder , other stuff left with a smile one my face an never went back.