Brown Vixen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gundog

Brown Vixen

Post by gundog »

At my locale shop there is a brown Vixen. Is there any difeerence to the new ones. Would this be one to buy ( oldy but goody). Hate to miss out on one that might be a keeper.
Conserve game hunt with a trained dog
awshucks

Re: Brown Vixen

Post by awshucks »

I got my kid and the kid in me one. Same as new ones except for color/camo. Fun bow.
"Eze 18:21"
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Buy it hard to find these days
Tenpoint Matrix
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

I just got one. I like it a lot. Get it!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

gundog wrote:At my locale shop there is a brown Vixen. Is there any difeerence to the new ones. Would this be one to buy ( oldy but goody). Hate to miss out on one that might be a keeper.
Mine is brown and is an 2008. It was the last year of that color. They are not very old the deer hide brown Vixen's. Since, I traded rail to make it faster only because I have a #150 wolverine. Didn't need two bows the same speed for hunting. Now I have a "deer hide brown pheonix". Hope for it's first bear in September. :) :) Have to get Big John to make me some fancy,smansy arrows for that hunt. :) :) Longer the rail, the more front heavy they become. My Dad loved my Vixen and now he won't use it. Brand new, barebow, stock sights I paid $385. plus 5% tax I believe from store. Hope this helps.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I beleive the brown Vixens also had the straight riser not the angled one they use now.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Brn Vixen has the Forward riser & 05 was their start. Prior to that they were blk with straight risers
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JRS

Post by JRS »

When the deer hide brown color was introduced across the entire Excalibur line, all the bows still had the straight machined risers. At least that is what I recall. I have a deer hide brown Exomag with that riser.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I've seen at least one brown Vixen with a straight riser.

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Thar very well could be some Brn with straight risers. 05 phoenix had the vixens 14" rail that yr as they were using them up & the next yr they went to the 13 1/2" rail on vixen's. So maybe all of the 05 vixen's have straight risers & those after have 06 Forward risers ? Of course the 06 Phoenix was extented to 14 1/2" power stroke from its 14".
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Bought my brown Vixen in early '05 and it came with a straight riser - likely was an '04 model.

Kevin, any insight for us?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

JRS wrote:When the deer hide brown color was introduced across the entire Excalibur line, all the bows still had the straight machined risers. At least that is what I recall. I have a deer hide brown Exomag with that riser.
Your quite correct. The brown was introduced across the board in 2003 as an economical option.
VixChix wrote:Bought my brown Vixen in early '05 and it came with a straight riser - likely was an '04 model.

Kevin, any insight for us?
Monica, just a bit of history for you. The forward angled riser made it's debut in 2004 on the Exomax, which replaced the Exomag. In 2005 the angled riser was used on all Excalibur models, except the Vixen, which was then the only one available in Deerhide Brown. It still had a 14" powerstroke as did the Phoenix.
In 2006, the Phoenix's powerstroke was increased by 1/2" to 14.5", while the Vixen's was decreased by the same amount, to 13.5" and sported the forward riser like the rest of the models.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
TPM

Post by TPM »

ComfyBear, I checked out Vix's Vixen. It is one of the brown, straight riser, 14" models which makes sense based on when she bought it (2005).

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger