A deal for somebody!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Re: A deal for somebody!

Post by TPM »

I don't want in the contest (I have a of skinning knife already that I love), I just wanted to say that's a beautiful one that you made and I think it's great that you're offering this way.
BTW, I love your signature line. That's one of my favourite movies of all time.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Hey there DaGriz. Once again you have shown me your character|! ( it is a good thing) First of all thank you for your generosity. That knive looks beautiful and I would love to be the proud owner !

The only reason I would have for owning that knife is the fact I do not own a skinning knife...

Once again, nice job :wink:

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Okay, I thought there would be more people posting on this thread, Evidently most people don't want or feel they shouldn't receive this knife. :cry:
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

That is a really cool knife and I would be proud to own it. I currently don't have a skinning knife. I actually own only one knife I use for hunting, I have used it to clean a couple of deer and it works fine. That said I would like to add yours to my budding collection should you see fit!!

Thanks
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

DaGriz wrote:Okay, I thought there would be more people posting on this thread, Evidently most people don't want or feel they shouldn't receive this knife. :cry:
DaGriz . . .that is one beauty of a knife. It comes with character built into it. Does anyone on this forum really deserve the knife? It's just hard for me to justify. Sure, I would love to have a custom made knife. Something to hand down to the next generation. However, it would be hard for me to say, "hey I deserve that knife".

I have had a lot of fun with this thread. Laughing so hard my sides hurt. But, seriously.

Everyday I wake up and feel the pains of getting older. I feel the stress of everyday living and taking care of the family. Sometimes it's seems like a heavy burden. Then I look around me and see so many people in worse shape than I am. I am really blessed and I thank the Lord for looking over me and my family. Actually, everyone on this forum is really blessed. We have a lot going for us.

It doesn't surprise me that there are so few willing to respond.

It would be easier to nominate someone deserving.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

OK, I'm in.
I would like the knife because I love custom made stuff over store bought. I purchase any custom product made by our members and use them during a hunt, including bow accessories, turkey slate calls, deer grunt tubes and I am sure a few more that are evading me right now. Using a tool that was hand made has a very different feel to it than a mass produced item, when a hand made item is carried and used during a hunt it is a sign of pride for both the maker as well as the person using it.
In the past you have gifted me other items, including coon traps as well as my snowshoe bindings, they are all very important tools to me when they are used, and this knife would be as well.
I would be proud to replace my yard sale skinner with a custom knife. If I am lucky enough to receive this knife then I will ship my current knife to someone who needs it.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

DaGriz
Your generous offer reminds of a time, many years ago in which I gave a knife to an old trapper in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I'm hoping somebody here might be aware of this old adage, because I can't remember the ritual exactly.

After I gave the trapper a Knife, he reached in his pocket and gave me a coin, I think it was an old "Mercury headed" dime. I told him that wasn't necessary, and he told me it was, and then he said something to this effect:

"When someone gifts you a knife, you must give them a coin, because it means
the friendship will never be severed, just as the knife will not sever the coin, thus
the friendship will always be preserved."

Or something like that. I really wish I could remember his exact words, but it was a long time ago. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone on here is aware of this custom?

Again, the knife is beautiful, I can barely hammer a nail straight, it always amazes me how anyone can possess the skill to produce such a thing.

Good luck in your quest
Joe
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Not we don't want the knife. Would love to own such a fine piece of work. It would be cherished if it was in my house. I just feel there are more deserving people than myself. Besides I just recieved a very special package for free from a forum member recently. :) :) But with that package, my truck and the knife would make 3 and my winning streak would end! That would leave the lottery tickets open for you to win! LOL Thats why I deserve the knife. :) :)
cmawdsley

Post by cmawdsley »

That sure is a nice looking knife, now why do I deserve it?

All I have to say is that I'm fairly new to big game hunting, and therefore, have a lot of gear to get in a short time. I did pick up a Chinese 'BushLine' knife at the Dealz store in Owen Sound. (For all you KW folks, it's owned by KW Surplus) I've used it once on a deer, and while it seems keen, I struggled with it and for a lot of the time, I used a fillet knife.

If I lived closer to KW I'd just say give it to VixChix and I'll call her to skin for me, but ...
Chris Mawdsley,
2011 Exocet 200
Lumizone scope
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Bumping this up to the top in hopes of more people interested :mrgreen:

mikej

Post by mikej »

what a beautiful knife grizz , you're a fine craftsman. i would be very honored to own and carry such a work of art . i could list 100 reasons why i want this knife, but i can't think of one reason as to why i need or deserve it . you really are a good person for being so generous to fellow forum members.
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
spike

Post by spike »

DaGriz,

i agree with Mikej when he says there are a hundred reasons to want a hand crafted knife like the one you have made, but that it is difficult to provide a reason for deserving it. Reading the posts it strikes me you have several very deserving candidates. It is a fine piece of workmanship and someone will be very happy with it.

I am always struck by the gerousity and basic decent nature of the vast majority of folk who come onto to this forum. Your offer is an example in kind.

Spike
ROGER
planter

Post by planter »

Hey Griz.. Don't mistake not needing with not wanting. I want it in the worst way but I don't NEED it. It's a thing of beauty and I would love to skin out next years buck with it. However....I don't think there is anyone with a bow who does not have a knife and the blade only has to stay one deer sharp.

I go no where without a knife. A little pocket knife of some sort had better be with my all the time. Still miss my grandfathers. Carried his worn down little pocket knife for years and everytime I did anything with it I thought of gramps and how much I loved him. He was a great old goat. Gramps has been dead for well over 20 years but I still remember the little things he showed me and the support he gave me that he should not have. Boy I wish I had not lost that knife. :(

Very nice offer Griz..
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Dagriz, I would love to recieve your knife, not for myself but for my son Darren, who turns 18 in august, he just got his hunters # and is looking forward to hunting this year. Hopefully he will want to hunt with the old man! :lol: I bought him some hunting gear already, but did not yet buy a skinning knife. I'm sure he would cherish your knife, I showed him your pics and he thought it was sic. I think that means awesome.
Thanks Darrel ! :D
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

It seems like most everyone feels somebody else should be gifted the knife , Lot of people feel they do not really deserve being gifted the knife. So to take the pressure off everybody, give everyone an equal chance, not have anybody feel slighted, and not have any thoughts of favoritism towards me; I have come up with an alternate plan

I will start a new thread and ask that everyone who posted here to select a number between
1 and 200; list your name and choice in a post on the new thread titled NUMBER SELECTION. Make sure you do not chose a number that some body has all ready posted On the 27th of this month I will use a radom number generator to pick the winner, whoever has the number or closest to it will get the knife

That sound fair enough to everyone??