Ontario turkey hunters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Ontario turkey hunters

Post by Doe Master »

Because of the impending move I have started to clean/organize . Came across some pictures of interest, maybe .
A picture of the turkey release site cairn .
The plaque.
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
MADMAX2

Re: Ontario turkey hunters

Post by MADMAX2 »

Lest us never forget!! They are back because of great partnerships and volenteers!! :D
The best things in life are not things!!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Great pics and I love the info on the plaque.
Interesting that it started with 27 birds released in 1984 and we were hunting already in 1987!
I also like that it says they were reintroduced to provide hunting opportunities! Nice!!
I'm sure there was probably birds releases elsewhere as well but I'd still say that was a very successful reintroduction!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Oh there were plenty of other releases after the initial one there . I participated in a few .
Kind of interesting how we came into possession of some of the turkeys . Trade a moose or some river otter for our turkeys . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Yeah, Traded moose to Michigan and I read in one of my magazines that Michigan is only now going to have a moose hunting season. All those years and it took this long? Anyone know if that is correct or not? Didn't take nearly that long to get the Elk hunt going up here.

RyanB
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

One of the farms I hunt was a release site 20 yrs ago, last year was the first year anyone hunted it. Got my turkey on the first morning out there.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

That is sweet. I wish they would allow us to introduce turkeys here in Nova Scotia. But the answer was "no", a few years ago. I guess they do not want to introduce a non native species. Thanks for the information. Is turkeys native to Ontario? Which other provinces has turkeys in Canada?
Raymond
lady85eng

Post by lady85eng »

great sharing. I love this kind of topics in this forum. More Waiting for a great curiosity. Many thanks to everyones.