Vendetta rangefinder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boomer

Re: Vendetta rangefinder

Post by Boomer »

I'll pick one up the next time I go the states. Less hassel. I guess I wouldn't save that much with duty by having it shipped.
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

Boomer wrote:I'll pick one up the next time I go the states. Less hassel. I guess I wouldn't save that much with duty by having it shipped.
I'm not sure if the Vendetta counts under the new regulations, but, you may want to check first before risking an encounter with law enforcement at the border if you're caught with it. It's not 'optics' persay, but, who knows where it falls under all the new red tape.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I will. Thanks for the information.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Just an FYI; red-dot-scopes.com has it for 234.95 with free shipping. Found it through The Find.com
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Does anyone know if these are legal in Ontario? I would hate to buy one and not be able to use it.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Cant see why they would'nt be legal here, its just a hassel to get one accross the border from what I understand. I bet you can order one from BassPro T.O, or cabellas.ca
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

A buddy and I just purchased a couple from Gander Mountain for $225 ea and the mounts from ebay for $44. We had them delivered a buddies place in Michigan and will pick them up in a couple weeks.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Boomer wrote:Does anyone know if these are legal in Ontario? I would hate to buy one and not be able to use it.
http://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID= ... 2&ID=22104
its here in Canader, I now understand the ones who would like to smuggle one! Tack HST onto that and you have an overpriced duplicate of the one in the U.S of Eh! Put that on a firewall of an engine compartment (writing side down) with double sided tape and I bet they dont look at it twice.

I say that outloud? You didnt hear that from me. :lol: Its a good thing Scott's not my real name. :mrgreen:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
skippy

Post by skippy »

Hi Guys an easy way to mount the vendetta to a crossbow it to file a dovetail onto thje front O ring. It only takes 1/2 hour and works great.

Would have posted a pic but can't seem to do it from my blackberry

Hope this helps
lady85eng

Post by lady85eng »

great sharing. I love this kind of topics in this forum. More Waiting for a great curiosity. Many thanks to everyones.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I would love to see it, email it to me and I will post it for you. :D
skippy wrote:Hi Guys an easy way to mount the vendetta to a crossbow it to file a dovetail onto thje front O ring. It only takes 1/2 hour and works great.

Would have posted a pic but can't seem to do it from my blackberry

Hope this helps
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I would like to see this also. I just received my Vendetta and the bracket purchased off of ebay. At a quick glance, it looks like a may need to get higher scope rings.
Mr. Cellophane

Post by Mr. Cellophane »

I purchased a Vendetta range finder last week from walnutcreek archery.com for $214.00. I removed
all of the brackets and mounts from the range finder sealed the the bottom where the bracket was mounted with weather proof camo tape.(I saved all of the hardware in case another way to mount this range finder is discovered.)I put a piece of velcro on the side of the range finder and
mounted it on the left side of my ExoMag on the Excalibur range finder mount #1975. I tested it on the range last Friday no problems once I lined up the range finder beam with the 20 yd crosshair on my Lumi Zone Scope #1970. All I have to do now is train myself to view the scope and the rangefinder with both eyes open.

I could not bring myself to purchase another crossbow range finder mount off ebay for $50.00 when I already had a range finder mount on my crossbow. I attached the pressure pad to my crossbow with a heavy duty rubber band. I also use a heavy duty rubber band as back up to the velcro when mounting rangefinders on the Excalibur Range finder mount. Now all I need to do is find is a good case to hold the Vendetta when not in use. The Vendetta range finder does not come with a case.

I can not send or post photos.