lone wolf treestands

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

lone wolf treestands

Post by agingcrossbower »

Can anyone here tell me about them. I have heard USA versus China made. Offset linkage or something. I am interested if the alpha hang on. Any imformation would be great. Has anyone used the seat and climb. Does the saddle type seat squeeze the hips. Painful for me. PM me if you have used them. Thanks aging. :D
Bob64

Re: lone wolf treestands

Post by Bob64 »

I have both the sit and climb, and the hang on that is used used with the climbing stix. I love my hang on because I don't have to be so picky about the tree I use and it's relatively comfortable. The stix attach easily and the unit is very quiet. I practiced putting everything back together in the backyard( the stix attach to the stand neatly) a few times so I could manage it out in the field at dusk. It is my favorite of the two. The sit and climb is also very quiet and like you said in your post the seat does tend to squeeze your butt a bit. Again, after experimenting with the seat adjustments I've managed to make it quite comfortable. Occasionally you have to adjust the cable that goes around the tree as you climb as the tree get narrower but it's not that difficult. Make sure you don't drop anything when you finally get settled up there because it's a pain in the butt to have to go all the way back down. Lone Wolf makes a great quiet stand. Hope this helps.
agingcrossbower

Bob64 wrote:I have both the sit and climb, and the hang on that is used used with the climbing stix. I love my hang on because I don't have to be so picky about the tree I use and it's relatively comfortable. The stix attach easily and the unit is very quiet. I practiced putting everything back together in the backyard( the stix attach to the stand neatly) a few times so I could manage it out in the field at dusk. It is my favorite of the two. The sit and climb is also very quiet and like you said in your post the seat does tend to squeeze your butt a bit. Again, after experimenting with the seat adjustments I've managed to make it quite comfortable. Occasionally you have to adjust the cable that goes around the tree as you climb as the tree get narrower but it's not that difficult. Make sure you don't drop anything when you finally get settled up there because it's a pain in the butt to have to go all the way back down. Lone Wolf makes a great quiet stand. Hope this helps.
Thanks Bob! I have been trying to decide on a Millenium hang on or a lone wolf. The millenium has a VERY comfortable seat which I could sit in all day. Lone wolf has the reputation but is pricey. I have a Loc-on hang on stand for times when you need to sneak in and the other ones I want to preset a couple places so I can just go to them when the wind is right. Again Thanks for the advice. Aging
Aero320

Post by Aero320 »

I have both also, they are the best stands I have ever used. The climber has an arm that swings down for you to sit on as you climb. The same arm can be rotated upward and serves a a rest.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
brassloader

Post by brassloader »

If you decide on getting a Lone Wolf Alpha hang on stand,I have one for sale if you are interested.Made in USA,used one season.$180.00 shipped to your door in lower 48 states.Postal money order only.
agingcrossbower

brassloader wrote:If you decide on getting a Lone Wolf Alpha hang on stand,I have one for sale if you are interested.Made in USA,used one season.$180.00 shipped to your door in lower 48 states.Postal money order only.
That must be the one on ArcheryTalk.com. Is that right???
bommer

Post by bommer »

Aging I owned a lonewolf and never used it. I set it up in the yard and could'nt imagine myself sitting on that small seat all day . I made up my mind if I used it I would buy a hand rail/gun rest which folds up out of the way. I did think it was a well built stand . I mostly use ladder stands and am used to them I guess. I just sold it for 125.00 . I sent this as a pm not wanting to start a firestorm. Hope this helps. How are you making out with the carving? John
agingcrossbower

Thanks all for your thoughts on these stands. There are so many out there to choose from.
brassloader

Post by brassloader »

Yes,it is the one for sale on Archery Talk