Axiom & Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mrxbower

Axiom & Broadheads

Post by mrxbower »

Hi, Just ordered a new axiom it will be here today. What broadheads did anyone try with the axiom and firebolts ? just looking for some suggestions, i was thinking of the slicks 100 gr. or the x act. whats your opion on the boltcutters? should i use 100gr. or 150gr.?
Last edited by mrxbower on Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What does PETA stand for?" "People Eating Tasty Animals
georgiaboy

Re: Axiom & Broadheads

Post by georgiaboy »

Any of the broadheads you listed in combo with the firebolts is a killer combination!!!
I've heard nothing but good things on the slick tricks,same with both excal broadheads.
I shoot 100gr spitfires out of my ibex (175lb ) and they are dead nuts accurate!!!
Good Luck!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

X2 on those you listed & i have never tried the x-act but used Spitfires & Slick mags
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
RobB

Post by RobB »

$439 US for an Axiom package, that's a great deal! Do you mind me asking where you got that from?

Thanks
Rob
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I shoot an Axiom. I started out using 100 grain Slick Tricks. They performed well on Deer, the only problem I found is that they did not shoot to the same point as my field tips. I eventually changed to G5 Strykers and that solved the problem. Both broadhead and my field tips will hit the same spot now!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4