Excalibur stand/trolley

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dash

Excalibur stand/trolley

Post by Dash »

A few weeks ago at an archery club a gust of wind flipped my Ibex off a plastic crate it was sitting on, it went right over and landed upside down with the impact on the scope while I was collecting my arrows from the target. Nooooooooooooooooooo...........................................It looked OK and straight, but the next shot revieled the bow was shooting 1 yard too high at 50m. I couldn't believe it. I was spewing !
Anyway it promped me to make a decent quality stable stand that would hold the bow safely, plus hold my toolbox of spares and accessories etc. My toolbox clips on above the back axle.
I trialed it for the first time today. So much easier down the club moving between targets or traveling the 3D trail .
I used to struggle walking around carrying all the stuff, then nowhere to sit the bow down after shots. It's too quick n easy now. I should have made this a long time ago.
For hunting wooden rods fit into the handle side tubes and the hunting blind drapes over it with the flaps cut out. It makes for a sturdy blind.
Last edited by Dash on Sun May 08, 2011 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
miken

Re: Excalibur stand/trolley

Post by miken »

This is really cool :D Great idea! Definitely keeps everything safe and in one place! Good work!
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

What happened to the pics I want to see it.Come on come on please pleeeease. :D
Tenpoint Matrix
masboy

Post by masboy »

That's great looks handy . I always have to make a few trips with my hands full from my garage to my range in the back yard.I,m going too. Make one and just keep my bows and everything on it and just roll it out too my range and be ready to shoot.Great ideal !
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Good thinking dash.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Dash

Post by Dash »

Thanks guys,
Yeah that was me too masboy. Always doing at least two trips or more while juggling all the gear. Then to have to move it all again while changing targets, wax the serving, or even just have a drink with your hands free.
For the trolley areas that contact the bow at the stirop and rail, I bent up some 5/16 round rod to make the brackets. Then cut the backside of some 5/16"fuel hose pieces, to push over the 5/16"bar work and give the bow a nice soft seat to sit in.
With less messing around, now I can just concentrate on the shooting :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Way to go Dash!
Very inovative and a good looking cart too! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I like that! Very clever! It work as a walker stalker when time comes too. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
roly

Post by roly »

Dash the Tool man Taylor!

We need a motor on that thing :lol: :lol:

Just kiddin, great idea!
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Good thinking Dash, have
the same prob, looks great, do you have a patent on it?
Or are we allowed to copy?
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
Dash

Post by Dash »

Good idea roly :idea:

Ha ha .....go for it bill..Copy away mate. I was using scrap cut off metal pieces from work mostly, so worked with what I had as I went along, not my ideal choice of materials. So you could build a simpler better frame and barwork than me. It's easiest if you start with a basic frame of an old fridge trolley or something similar. That way its easier to hold the bow in front of it and measure up the small brackets n bits. Just chop off what you don't need, and bend and weld on what you do. If you want a close up photo shot of any particular part to get ideas just let me know.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

WHEN DASH IMPROVED ON HIS SERVING JIG THAT HE FIRST MADE HE GAVE THE OLD ONE TO ME, WHICH IS AWSOME NOW I JUST NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SERVE MY STRINGS, I'M HOPING HE MAKES A NEW MODEL OF THIS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :) :) :)
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..