Anyone Use Excalibur Broadheads?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

novacam

Anyone Use Excalibur Broadheads?

Post by novacam »

I was reading some posts about different broadheads and peoples likes/dislikes and I realize everyone has different opinions. My question is if people have used/use/tried the broadheads from Excalibur, fixed or mechanical. Any opinions would be welcomed!! Thanks
one shot scott

Re: Anyone Use Excalibur Broadheads?

Post by one shot scott »

I have used the boltcutters. They are a well designed head that fly very consistantly. I never had the chance to use them on a deer but the biggest part of killing a deer is getting the head to go where you want it to, and boltcutters will do that! I had lost one for a year in the feild (target shooting) and when I found it it had no obvious signs of being outside all that time. and im sure it would have still been sharp had it not passed through steel :oops: I have heard great things about the mechanical heads (x-act) and plan on trying those this coming deer season.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

This forum has reported 40 kills using the Boltcutters. 25 in 2009 and 15 in 2010. 24 different members reporting. 4 reported deer that were hit, were not recovered. Average recovery was 51.6 yards.

I only have one reported kill by a forum member for the X-act with a 30 yard recovery. None in the "not recovered" catagory.

Hope this helps.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I have both kinds and am completely satisfied with them both.
Thanks,
Raymond
PABOWDUDE60

Post by PABOWDUDE60 »

I have 3 of those 40 kills with bolt cutters. They are a really good head. All 3 kills were under 40 yds for recovery. I also have 1 of the 4 hits with no recovery, I think I hit him too high. Luckily one of my hunting friends saw him a few weeks later ,and he was moving like he was never hit. I'll be using them next week on a bear hunt in Quebec. Hopefully I'll be posting some pics of my bear afterwards!!
09 Exomax
Lumizone
Boo String
Ground Pounder Mount
Crazy Farmer Alum Camo Arrows With Bolt Cutter BHs
2016 Bull Dog 400 diablo bolts bolt cutters
Archer Ontario

Post by Archer Ontario »

shot this doe at 22 yards with the Exact doe went 20 yards and dropped.
i have found this head dead accurate as well from 20 -50 yards
great head.
Redneck Plumber

Post by Redneck Plumber »

I just got back from turkey hunting and I used an X-Act. It put a Huge hole in my turkey.

Ryan
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bolt cutters all I use for every thing that I hunt , Great bh. Go to sullivan industries / innerloc and you will get more info on the heads . Looks like they make the 150 gr. bolt cutter exclusively for excal since they don't list a 150 gr. in their products. The mechanical is the same.

Bones
novacam

Post by novacam »

sumner4991 wrote:This forum has reported 40 kills using the Boltcutters. 25 in 2009 and 15 in 2010. 24 different members reporting. 4 reported deer that were hit, were not recovered. Average recovery was 51.6 yards.

I only have one reported kill by a forum member for the X-act with a 30 yard recovery. None in the "not recovered" catagory.

Hope this helps.
well, there's accuracy lol. Thanks for the input everyone, I look forward to using the xacts this September. I already asked the question on peoples thoughts on mechanicals and liked what I read.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Archer Ontario wrote:shot this doe at 22 yards with the Exact doe went 20 yards and dropped.

I'll add this one to the numbers. Thanks.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bearclan

Post by bearclan »

I took a buck and 2 does this past year with big johns arrows- 368 gr. Easton 2216 aluminum arrows tipped with 150 Bolt Cutters, busted both ribs and kept on going! very accurate and deadly sharp added new blades and they will be good for next year
09 Exocet 200
Vortex Crossbow scope
D- lux Munch mount
Big John's Custom Arrows
STS
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

3 for 3 with bolt cutters, they dont leave much of a blood trail however, have also used 150 and 175 grain thunder caps, also come in 200 grain i like the foc , they fly very nice