Ordered me a S5 for my Exocet 200

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Ordered me a S5 for my Exocet 200

Post by DaveShooter »

Hi all just ordered me a set of the S5 for my Exocet 200. Looking forward to playing with the bow and setup to see just how much more quite it will be along with the disaptorbars that are already on my bow. I like the S5's in case of a dry-fire. Never had that happen with my Excal. Just a little extra insurance is a good thing. :D
georgiaboy

Re: Ordered me a S5 for my Exocet 200

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats!!!!! :D
That's a good investment on your bow!! :wink: I don't know if it made mine a lot more quiter...but it definately took the "twang" out! :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

yea you don't notice much of a differance when you first install it but shoot one without it after and woooo!! they do tame the beast.
houser52

Post by houser52 »

A lot has been said about it helping in case of a dry fire. Can someone elaborate? Is the extra weight noticeable that much?
I'm new to Xbows and want to help protect my new Vortex if I can. Right now I still have the factory dacron string on it but will upgrade to a better string after I get used to it. As of now I haven't dry fired mine and I don't have the S5. I'm in the process of picking up accessories and things as I go along and curious about it.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

i just installed one on a 2011 vortex....can't tell any weight difference out front. my string is also stock
but hava boo string on order. will adjust accordingly as needed, since i've been instructed professionaly
and i'm thankful for that :D as for as the difference in sound ??? maybe a lil... but that TWANG/shock is
gone like previously said........ the install was not intended for a dry fire situation, but its there if needed.
soon to be adding the S5 to my son and grandsons excals.... my old vintage stock ( not 1 mod) exomax and exocet.
good luck !!! :wink:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
houser52

Post by houser52 »

Thanks. The noise really don't bother me but I'm keeping the S5 on my wish list.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Got my S5 today. Had a little problem getting bolt to go through the part that is threaded of S5 to the riser. Finally got it all lined up on my Exocet 200 I did use the blue loc-tite on bolt threads as well. Man oh man what a difference in sound and bow vibration it made on my bow . I also left disaptor bars and pads on as well. This outfit is a tack-driver at 20 yds. :D