Indiana deer rules and crossbows meetings.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Indiana deer rules and crossbows meetings.....

Post by Woody Williams »

Calling all Hoosiers...

Public hearings scheduled for proposed changes to deer hunting rules - including crossbows

The Natural Resources Commission will conduct two public hearings on proposed changes to deer hunting rules next month. The components of the proposed deer rule changes include modifications to the season structure, bag limits, hunting equipment, and licensing requirements.

The proposed rule language and fact sheet can be found at: www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2362.htm .

Individuals can provide comments at one of the public hearings scheduled as follows:

Monday, July 25
Spring Mill Inn
Spring Mill State Park
3333 St. Rd. 60 East
Mitchell, IN 47446
6 p.m. (EDT)

Tuesday, July 26
Community Building
Miami County Fairgrounds
1029 W. 200 N.
Peru, IN 46970
6 p.m. (EDT)

Submit comments regarding these proposed changes to the NRC at http://www.IN.gov/nrc/2377.htm by clicking on "Comment on Proposed Rule" next to the “Deer Amendments.” The deadline for submitting comments is Wednesday, July 27.

Comments can also be mailed to:

Natural Resources Commission
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave., Room N501
Indianapolis, IN 46204

All comments sent to the NRC regarding these proposed rule changes will be provided to its members and DNR staff, and will be publicly disclosed and searchable on the Internet and in a paper docket as part of the final report.

For more information: Phil Bloom, (317) 232-4003, [email protected].
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
liketoshoot

Re: Indiana deer rules and crossbows meetings.....

Post by liketoshoot »

I have a lifetime disability xbow permit... but I still sent comments to the rule makers... hoping for a full inclusion crossbow season... this is a critical time for the proposed rules. I hope others join in...

thanks to all that have already done so...
shoot more and shoot more often
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I wish you all the best and all the luck in Indiana. Fight for it. Fight tooth and nail.
Raymond
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Sure hope that you get crossbow inclusion. Laura will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we are going into our 3rd deer season this year with crossbow hunting for the lower peninsula of Michigan. All I can say is that it has been great for hunting in my area. Crossbow sales seem to be on the rise at my local sporting goods hangout due to the interest they are creating in the archery world.

We're pulling for you up here. I hope that your officials see the logical sense that it makes by allowing them.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

liketoshoot wrote:I have a lifetime disability xbow permit... but I still sent comments to the rule makers... hoping for a full inclusion crossbow season... this is a critical time for the proposed rules. I hope others join in...

thanks to all that have already done so...

Yes, it is a VERY critical time.

This has been a quest of mine for 9 years and we've come too far to ease up now as it is "not over till it's over"..

Get all your hunting buddies and family members to give input too

Submit comments regarding these proposed changes to the NRC at http://www.IN.gov/nrc/2377.htm by clicking on "Comment on Proposed Rule" next to the “Deer Amendments.” The deadline for submitting comments is Wednesday, July 27.

Thanks,

WW
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]