Crossbow Coyote

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TechTed

Crossbow Coyote

Post by TechTed »

I took this coyote with my Axiom crossbow (Firebolt arrow with 125 gr Muzzy fixed bh) during September. Just got it back from the taxidermist. This is the female. She and her mate were chasing squirrels under my deer stand. I had her mounted like she looked going after the squirrel she chased up a tree 20 yards in front of me. I tried to take the male that was with her but could not get it to come into range.

It will be finished with a base and a squirrel mounted like it is trying to get away from it.
VixChix

Re: Crossbow Coyote

Post by VixChix »

Very cool mount!

Post more photos when you get the base and squirrel - would love to see the whole scene!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice crossbow coyote!
Looking forward to seeing it when it's complete. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

very nice..did ya get her Mounted in Alaska?..i love that show :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
TechTed

Post by TechTed »

:lol: Unfortunately, I had to "settle" for one of the very fine taxidermists here in Stokes County, NC. I suspect that my wife would have rejected any discussion of having the Mounted in Alaska team preserve a coyote since I would have had to personally deliver the coyote and give detailed instructions on how I wanted it mounted. Of course, the trip would have to coincide with some sort of season-bear, elk, moose, caribou, salmon and/or halibut. She humors my "excuses" for doing some things but there is a limit - a coyote just isn't good enough top get me to Alaska. Good thought though.