Brass Inserts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Brass Inserts

Post by flightattendant100 »

Do the same inserts that fit a " Powerbolt" also fit a " Firebolt" ?
philman

Re: Brass Inserts

Post by philman »

No...they are not the same.
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

hey guys as i have stated before i am very new to x bow hunting and now need some advice on my bolt weight for pass thrus every time. considering i do my part in bolt placement on the deer, of course. i am shooting the firebolt with 100 gr mech. broadhead. my bolt is weighing 355grs. i really want to stick with the 100 gr head because there are many broadhead options in this weight, i have read about you guys using the powerbolt are they heavier bolts than the firebolt? and if i switch to the firebolts will that do the trick for increased KE? also if i want to change the insert for better KE, how do i get it out, and how much should the insert weigh? OR is my set up going to do the job at 45.. 50 yds if needed?... being shot from my equniox with the ff string? So that all being asked who wants to trie and help this new guy out? :?
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

crap sorry guys i ment if i switch to the powerbolts, will that do the trick for increased KE?
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

bowhunter1 wrote:crap sorry guys i ment if i switch to the powerbolts, will that do the trick for increased KE?
Increasing the weight should increase your KE. I use brass inserts with 125 bh to help stabilize fight on less than perfect days. Noticed a big difference beyond 30 yards.

Your current setup will provide pass thru if you do your part.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
philman

Post by philman »

Out of an equinox your arrow will provide a pass through with proper shot placement. The powerbolts are heavier than firebolts. Powerbolts are 10.5gr per inch and the camo version are 11.3gpi. You can remove your insert by putting a feild point in a vise then heat it up. While the point is still hot and in the vise screw your shaft on the feild point until tight then keep twisting and pulling lightly...The glue should have gotten soft from the heat and the insert should break free from the shaft. You can buy brass inserts for powerbolts they weigh 100gr and are made by Easton. More weight up front will give more KE and help with accuracy further out. :D
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

thank you guys for the info.. i thinki will try the inserts this year with the firebolts. i will keep you guys posted on the season as it unfolds.