S5 doesn't fit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

KenA

S5 doesn't fit

Post by KenA »

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but my S5 doesn't seem to fit. It is just a little off, enough so i can't start the thread. It will thread fine on it's own.
Maybe I can enlarge the hole in the riser? It is a 2006 Exocet bow-that's when I purchased it.
blackjack

Re: S5 doesn't fit

Post by blackjack »

g'day. mate dont alter anything.. it will fit ok. mine were the same on my exocet, just play with it ok. it will fit...regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
strum

Post by strum »

Mine is a 04 (i think) and i had the same issue..like blackjack say itll fit just play with it ..I thought the hole was of some but if you get a thread to take it will go and then no probs ..if you not comfortable with it call Dan Miller
740-483-2312 that is if you in the states :D otherwise call excal..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Unfortunately over the years that we made the newest generation of the risers we didn't make a point of holding the location of the mounting holes in perfect alignment relative to the angled surface on the back of the riser. As a result maybe one in 20 has problems fitting on properly. If it won't fit you can ream the hole out by drilling it a size or so bigger (11/32" works great) if this is acceptable to you or else I guess you'll have to return it to where you bought it with my apologies. Seems like Murphys law at it's best though, you are on the far side of the planet in WA and it had to happen to you!
BTW I'm coming to Oz with Kath next month, we'll be in Darwin (I know, a long way fom Perth) hunting Buffalo in mid August. Looking forward to having a few cold ones there!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Bill T wrote:Unfortunately over the years that we made the newest generation of the risers we didn't make a point of holding the location of the mounting holes in perfect alignment relative to the angled surface on the back of the riser. As a result maybe one in 20 has problems fitting on properly. If it won't fit you can ream the hole out by drilling it a size or so bigger (11/32" works great) if this is acceptable to you or else I guess you'll have to return it to where you bought it with my apologies. Seems like Murphys law at it's best though, you are on the far side of the planet in WA and it had to happen to you!
BTW I'm coming to Oz with Kath next month, we'll be in Darwin (I know, a long way fom Perth) hunting Buffalo in mid August. Looking forward to having a few cold ones there!
G'DAY BILL, MINE WORKED OUT OK, O'I MATE IS HAVING THE PROBLEM, WISH I HAD SOME NOTICE I'D GRAB DARLENE & FLY TO DARWIN & CATCH UP FOR A BEER MATE. NEXT TIME BILL GIVE ME SOME NOTICE & WE'LL CATCH UP OK, USE WOULD LOVE PERTH ITS A BEAUTIFUL CITY UNLIKE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BUT THEY DO HAVE SOME SILLY LAWS HERE, TRY TO MAKE IT HERE ONE YEAR OK YOU & THE MISSIS :( . REGARDS FRANK
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I hear it is pretty cold in Perth these days!
It would be nice to meet you, if I ever get over to the west side we can down a couple of cold ones for sure. Last time I was in Oz I learned that you guys spell beer XXXX!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Bill T wrote:I hear it is pretty cold in Perth these days!
It would be nice to meet you, if I ever get over to the west side we can down a couple of cold ones for sure. Last time I was in Oz I learned that you guys spell beer XXXX!
HOW DID YOU NO MATE THAT THATS WHAT I DRINK BILL :D & YES IT HAS BEEN COLD BUT IT IS WINTER TO MATE, BUT WHEN ITS HOT ITS HOT. I WORK AT A MINE HALF WAY BETWEEN PERTH & DARWIN CALLED CHRISTMAS CREEK 2 WEEKS ON 1 WEEK OF MAN IN SUMMER THE HEAT GETS UP TO 55 DEGREE'S A BLOCK OF XXXX GOES DOWN REAL WELL O'L MATE :D :D P.S MATE WHEN YOU HIT DARWIN GO TO THE LOCAL BOTTLE SHOP & ASK FOR A DARWIN STUBBIE OK! YOU'LL BE AMAZED :mrgreen:
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Bill T wrote:Unfortunately over the years that we made the newest generation of the risers we didn't make a point of holding the location of the mounting holes in perfect alignment relative to the angled surface on the back of the riser. As a result maybe one in 20 has problems fitting on properly. If it won't fit you can ream the hole out by drilling it a size or so bigger (11/32" works great) if this is acceptable to you or else I guess you'll have to return it to where you bought it with my apologies. Seems like Murphys law at it's best though, you are on the far side of the planet in WA and it had to happen to you!

Hey Bill
That is exactly what I did and have had no issues with it.

I would not recommend to just keep playing with the miss alignment or you will bugger up the threads do as Bill said and make the hole bigger.
Tenpoint Matrix
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

A nice bottle of wine might loosen it right up. At least it works with some other things!!!