S5 Shock Sound Suppresson System rods too long

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ELLIS

S5 Shock Sound Suppresson System rods too long

Post by ELLIS »

Has anyone tried to shorten the length of the S5 Shock Sound Suppresson System rods. They are a little long on my Equinox. The string is almost touching the rubber pads and it is a hair more than an 1/8 of an inch in front of the rear timing line.

If they can't be shortened, does anyone know of a good adjustable alternative and where it can be purchased.

Cheers,

Bill
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
johnbuck

Re: S5 Shock Sound Suppresson System rods too long

Post by johnbuck »

Are you talking about the sts or the S5, if you have an sts you can cut down the rods, the S5 is not made too cut down , when you say infront of the back line do you mean towards the riser or the trigger, if toward the riser you should be ok as long as you have a slight gap from string too S5,
hope this helps you out.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sounds like you need to twist your string a few times to increase the brace height. Should have a bit of a gap between the sring and the S5 pads...about a 1/16" or a bit more.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

Thanks for replying. I understand that the string must not touch the rubber pads. If my rods were just a little longer the string would be at the rear timing line (the one nearest the trigger). I would like the string to be nearer the middle of the timing lines. Can the rods of the S5 system be shortened? If not they are coming off. Does any one know of adjustable ones that would work?

Cheers,

Bill
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

There are some adjustable ones out there, but they are getting very difficult to find. They were made by a member here, product name is NGSS.
Once your string is in a position that you like you simply turn a hex screw on the back and the bumpers fall in to a perfect position, tighten the hex back up and you are good to go.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

Any idea where I could buy a NGSS system? It sounds exactly what I am after.

Cheers,

Bill
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
strum

Post by strum »

I just dont understand your issue here..the S5 is designed so that when the string is set with a 1/16" gap you have a brace heigth of 1 1/18" which is prefect..IMHO :D
is there a reason you want you string to set lower?..
Once again this is just my opinion but our bows(equinox /exomax) have such tension on the limbs and a tremendous amount of force on the string when released.
i feel this calls for the brace heigth to be more toward the upper..I think it will shoot better,quieter and help limb life..I hope others weigh in on this also .
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
toytruck

Post by toytruck »

Good to see this topic. I finally got my S5 mounted, had to twist the string till it sits just off the pads. Only problem is after shooting I can't tell the difference with/or without the S5 as far as any sound reduction. I left the dissapator pads on, should they stay on or off?
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex