It's getting closer!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowholic

It's getting closer!!!!

Post by xbowholic »

Starting to get all of my stuff gathered and seeing what needs to be added; season starts less than 70 days and getting here fast; excaliburs are ready (as always) but seeing what I need in other areas;

My question is, what do ya'll get ready besides your excaliburs? tell of your list because you might have something on there that I don't; plus would like to see what hunters uses in different locations around the globe;

So list all, clothes, boots, knifes, hats, and whatever you use period; let's start a list for all to see and exchange some ideals; thank you.
georgiaboy

Re: It's getting closer!!!!

Post by georgiaboy »

Season start's here in Ga. on sept. 10th if i'm not mistaken. I'm a sad case cause i've already gone through my gear and got it ready!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Cut me some slack...it's god awful hot here and i got cabin fever bad!!! :roll: I'm sure i will forget something but her it goes.....
bows-vortex/ibex, scopes-lumizone/varizone,bushnel range finder,firebolts, spitfire's and grim reaper's, JBK and excal fff string, summit viper tree stand x 2, rocky and lacrosse boots, assorted grunt and bleat calls, tinks 69 and other assorted scents, chemical lights for blood trailing, flashlights and batteries, thermacell (must have in jawga!!!!) and oh yea...one bad ass 2010 4x4 yoder critter recovery vehicle!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
houser52

Post by houser52 »

The NC regulations haven't been sent out yet but it opens somewhere around the second week of Sept.
I'm still excited about getting to archery hunt with the Vortex this year. This will be the first time I've archery hunted in at least 20 years. The last time was with a Hoyt Pro Hunter v-bow.
I'm still practicing with the Vortex shooting Spitfires and Slick Tricks. Still trying to decide on which one to try first. Set up and tore down the pop up a few times. Put out the trail camera and keeping a check on it. Looking over a couple ladder stands making sure they're ok. I'm getting familiar with a new hang on stand and sticks.( Gonna make the seat bigger for all day hunting comfort) Made a hoist/pulley to pull up the hang-on. Checking my safety harness, lifelines and prussic loops. Got new refills for the Thermocell. Playing with the rangefinder. Got the food plot ready for fall planting.

It's been hot as crap here too and I don't get out til late evening but I guess that's good in a way so all the preparation is not done so quick.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I spend nine months just waiting for those three of deer season :D :D :D so much to do that im never fully prepared. The biggest thing for me is making sure the excal is hitting bullseyes with my broadheads all the way to 50 yards.
Last edited by one shot scott on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i still hunt so i go light.it will be my first year with my exomax and i cant wait.will be shooting fire bolts with bolt cutters.head to toe realtree camo tennis shoes not smart in snake county.back pack with ziplock bags for heart liver bug spray extra knife drag rope snacks and water and binock's and deer and turkey tags.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

I'm very lucky for where I live I can leave on my 4 whl right from the door. As such I have a hunting box( old plastic tool box) that I throw on the 4 whl when I leave.
I keep most stuff stored in my 4 whl at all times, axe, ropes, lighters, firestarter, gps, ropes, knifes, tools, flashlites,bugspray( very important) in my hunting box, amo, binos, license and tags, gloves, and all things required to get what I hunt that day. :D
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I just set up my walltent ,cots and stove to see if everything was still o.k . Knives are sharp got my clothes ready. still have to make some frozon meals yet [stew & chili ] 5 WEEKS ! I CAN.T TAKE IT!!!!!!
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have 2 stands, a Hang-on thats 400 yds from my cabin. My climber is waiting til Sept. opener to be used on my tree 200 yds from the cabin. Have one Miss Vixen she is ready & 7 arrows 4 in quiver & 3 waiting their quiver turn. My 7 knives & tying rope fer deer on my old 3 wheeler. My pack is ready as my clothes & gloves. Have my twist ties from bread wrappers to tie off colon so i don't have to mess with the poop trying to get loose in body cavity. So i am ready bring it on!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

My list of stuff is too long to remember it all and list it here. I can say though that I am ready for the next season 1 week after the current season ends. I clean and inspect all my gear and put it away in bins so it is ready to go. I have a separate bin for hunting clothes, turkey accessories, deer accessories, water fowl accessories, camping equipment and so on. Just before deer season all I have to do is freshen up my camo and load up my pack with the hunting gear I need and I'm good to go. This years tags have been ordered already so now I just watch the calender and wait!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

hey GB, whathahails this..."one bad ass 2010 4x4 yoder critter recovery vehicle"!!!!!
i might gotta get me one them thangs !!! :mrgreen:

all i needta make shur of is tha thermacell... and led cap light battries
i'm all gud in other areas.... i think !!! :lol:

and of course.... my BOO STRING !!! that will be redi roun last september :wink:

been think'n bout get'n me one a them bow-lite's for critter hunt'n at night.
seems like they do tha job good.
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
masboy

Post by masboy »

My list is short I hunt mostly from permeant stands.tee shirt,camo pants,facemask ,big leather belt with all this on it binoxs,surefire,knife,rangefinder,gruntcall,quiver with arrows,ropecocker,bowrope and always carry belt in my truck and rubber boots and clothes in bag with cedar branches in abag in the back of my truck.but had to go back home a few times for my bow.that's about it .
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

masboy wrote: had to go back home a few times for my bow.that's about it .
been there too... :lol: at least it was'nt for arrows :wink:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

I think one of the most important things to
remember is, to let someone know which stand
or location your planning to hunt that morning
or evening. If I don't show up at a certain time
or they don't here from me. I want someone to
come looking for me! You never know what just
might happen? You could be hurt. And I hope
everyone has a safe and successful season!!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

I have my game camera's out and check them monthly
Salt licks in place
I have my electronic's (range finder, flashlights) ready with new batterie;s
knifes are sharpened
getting my clothes ready (scent free soap) and cover scents!
I put my tree stand's up one week before bow season (for security)
Already day dreaming of where to hunt according to wind and morning or night spots!!!
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS