Wooden Stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

snuffbox

Wooden Stock

Post by snuffbox »

Has anybody out there tried modifying a gunstock to fit an Excaliber.
I'll be picking up my point blanc with Vixen limbs in October and would really like a wooden stock for it.
I saw photos on here of phill s bow and it had a beautiful stock which he sold a couple of months ago.
I'm quite into the idea of doing a bit of fiddling and fettling to give me the sort of bow I want.
sumner4991

Re: Wooden Stock

Post by sumner4991 »

Agingcrossbower(Mike) would be the one to contact about making a gunstock into a crossbow stock . . .at least he has come the closest to achieving that according to U.S. Customs. :lol: Or was it making a crossbow stock into a firearm stock? :?

Anyway, Mike will answer your questions.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Several forum members have custom made wooden stock.

I have one which is actually a laminated stock. Cut and past the link below and scroll up to see a pic of it.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ck#p365922
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Post by Boo »

snuffbox wrote:Has anybody out there tried modifying a gunstock to fit an Excaliber.
I'll be picking up my point blanc with Vixen limbs in October and would really like a wooden stock for it.
I saw photos on here of phill s bow and it had a beautiful stock which he sold a couple of months ago.
I'm quite into the idea of doing a bit of fiddling and fettling to give me the sort of bow I want.
I think you'll need some duct tape! :mrgreen:
On a serious note, Agingcrossbower has made a stock for me that has really pleased me!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I made one from scratch and am working on another one. I think if you had a gunstock with enough wood on the front end it could be done. You'd have to have enough to cut a 1 1/4" wide channel. Your problem will come when you go to use your cocking rope. The crossbow stock has a "lug" that comes up behind the rail for the cocking rope to ride on. You would have to rig something up if you used a rifle stock. Gary
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

sumner4991 wrote:Agingcrossbower(Mike) would be the one to contact about making a gunstock into a crossbow stock . . .at least he has come the closest to achieving that according to U.S. Customs. :lol: Or was it making a crossbow stock into a firearm stock? :?

Anyway, Mike will answer your questions.
Sumner you are toooo good! I have an H&R "Targeteer" walnut stock that has a lot of beef on it that I bought just to see if I could put it on my crossbow.The dimensions are all big enough to work,it is just one of those projects that I havent gotten to yet.If I get 'er done I will post here and let you see. My wife would tell you not to hold your breath waitin on me tho. I have lots of projects and it is fixin to be hunting season!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Snuff, I can make you one up that is roughed in. It would be black walnut and the rail is fitted and holes drilled, From this point you would rasp and sand it into the shape you want. Cost would be 200.00 plus shipping. If interested shoot me a PM. Good Luck. :)
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

GaryM wrote:I made one from scratch and am working on another one. I think if you had a gunstock with enough wood on the front end it could be done. You'd have to have enough to cut a 1 1/4" wide channel. Your problem will come when you go to use your cocking rope. The crossbow stock has a "lug" that comes up behind the rail for the cocking rope to ride on. You would have to rig something up if you used a rifle stock. Gary
Yup, Gary pretty much nailed it. Good luck.
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Thanks for the replys there.
Found an nice Air Arms s410 stock on ebay,checked the width and it should give me about 8mm to play with.
Only intending to pay no more than £30 that would be about $48.
We'll see what happens.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I just purchased an Air Arms S410 in .22 last week and the walnut stock is a beauty piece.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family