brace height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5050

brace height

Post by jody5050 »

good day, was wondering about brace height. my string is even with the rear line on the rail, with about 1/2" away from my s5 pads. however i am shooting fist size groups @30 yds., :) with open sights. should i adjust it or leave it alone? does seem kind of noisy. this is my first time shooting my exocet. i did not have to adjust the sights at all *the lord is my shepherd... i will fear no evil...
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
bozgar

Re: brace height

Post by bozgar »

Don't have an answer for you but I have the same setup with the same issue. I can't get the string below the high brace line (line closer to trigger). I tried taking the twists out of the string but still seems to sit right on that line and like you, string sits about 1/2" from the S5. The bow shoots great though. It is somewhat noisy but I don't believe that there is such a thing as a quiet crossbow so I'm going to stop messing with it and just enjoy shooting it. Two deer last year didn't seem to hear it.
strum

Post by strum »

Guys i would not take any twists out of your strings..
just keep on shootin..that string will in time stretch in.
as far as noise..there has been a lot of discusion on that matter and youll find most dont worry much about it..
the best thing i did was put on some cat whiskers..
Boo has a video on how to install em.
I shoot an exomax without dbars..i use the S5 and Boo string with whiskers..also i use the excal flemish with whiskers
you would not belive how quiet it is..
back to the string..taking twists out is a bad idea..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

You just need to get used to the noise it will be the last thing the deer ever hears.
As for brace height just keep shooting the string will stretch with use.
About every 50 or so shots wax your string and flip it end over end to prolong string and serving life.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
jody5050

Post by jody5050 »

thanks for the replies, i kind of thought that i may as well leave it alone. i do not even have 50 shots on her yet, already waxed string and lubed serving. no sense in fixing it if it is not broke.... jody5050
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The more you shoot yer string in the more it will creep. I don't use DBars nor S5 dampner set up. I just shoot n kill tick toters, my fps with old Miss Vixen was around 220-230 & she had killed truck loads of deer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day jody, mate open sights can be like that not as good as a scope, my open sights are the same when l'm shooting with them on, just persist you will get better, but l like my string a match thickness from the S5 l think the string suits better there about the same as the photo, remember the S5 is there to quite''n the bow down the further away the less its works..best regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
smitty likes hunting

Post by smitty likes hunting »

you just have to shoot your bow and it will stretch to the proper brace height A WORD OF CAUTION I put a new fast flight string on mine didnt read directions about twisting it until it is 2" from the opposite limb decided I was strong enough to hold back 200lbs. with 1 hand 8) and trip the trigger with my other it ripped the stringer out of my hand, and now I have 3 bruised fingers. :( Use two hands and trip the trigger with your thumb like the vidio shows you. I have on the S5 system so it didnt go to far thank god. BOY I CAN BE REALLY STUPID SOMETIMES ! :oops:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hunt for the vid that shows you how to uncock w/ rope cocker, you'll be amazed at how easy it is.

Basically, you put the cocker on string w/ one hook tight to rail and all the slack in rope to your 'strong' arm side, pull up, recheck hooks and no arrow, and then trip the trigger w/ other hand. The friction of rope sliding in notch eats up a lot of horsepower, lol. Took me 6 mo to work up the nerve w/ my Emax!
"Eze 18:21"