Help with choosing crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: Help with choosing crossbow

Post by one shot scott »

!
Last edited by one shot scott on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
jody5050

Post by jody5050 »

e11indick wrote:Hi will be buying my first crossbow this year.hopefully within the next week. I will be mainly hunting white tail in PA with this bow. Any suggestions? I believe I have narrowed it down to the following exomax, vortex and ibex.
greetings pa deer hunter 8) i see that you are going to give the xbow a whirl. just picked mine up 2 wks. ago. i love it! i got a exocet,your choices are good, and your best bet is to have hands on analysis, along with some sound advice.if i may: exomax-good choice alot of power, 225 dr. wht., vortex- same as exocet, only with a thumb hole stock, ibex- good choice, about the same as the phoenix, except for the thumbhole stock... really looking forward to hunting with it this season. oh, i am not hanging up my vert. bow, i just wanted another weapon to hunt the elusive pa whitetail with!! are you from pa? what county? good luck and choose wisely....
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

If you like to shoot a lot, get the 175 pull weight bow or 200 at most as cocking gets progressively more difficult. The 225 lb pull bow is great, but longer and much harder to cock. Personally. I shoot both but like the TH stock more.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I doubt "dick" cares about any responses, he hasnt logged in under his username since he posted his question. Its likely one of the local trolls with nothing better to do.
Normous

Post by Normous »

one shot scott wrote:I doubt "dick" cares about any responses, he hasnt logged in under his username since he posted his question. Its likely one of the local trolls with nothing better to do.
Sumner was the first to respond in this thread, maybe he is on to something : :shock: :lol: :lol:
sumner4991 wrote:Gerry . . .my wife calls them "my internet buddies" . . .with a little higher pitched voice at "bu" and throws a "t" or two in there and has a bit of a studder at that point. :shock: Jealous . . .pure and simple. :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

We need to discuss your user name too Norm now that the subject has come up. :lol:
Last edited by sumner4991 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
e11indick

Post by e11indick »

thanks for everyones help and opionions. i made my decision and went with the vortex with the lite stuff package with the shadow-zone scope. cant wait to get it in and start practicing.
strum

Post by strum »

sumner4991 wrote:We need to discuss your user name too Norm now that the subject has come up. :lol:
I stayed out of this one but i must say that there is funnnnnny :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Ohhhh; booooy;; ?????? i'll wate'n see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) :evil: :evil: :mrgreen: :| :| just duno! :roll: :roll:

papa bear1 :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :?
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

e11indick wrote:thanks for everyones help and opionions. i made my decision and went with the vortex with the lite stuff package with the shadow-zone scope. cant wait to get it in and start practicing.

This response is typical of the recent trolls happening here. Once some members call BS the troll attempts to look genuine. :roll:

cant take anyone serious who dares to use a name like that.
e11indick

Post by e11indick »

Ok well you should have taken me serious. Bc this was a serious question. I was looking for opionions from users who possibly have these crowwbowas. Next time I want to engage in meaningless talks I will shoot direct a message towards you. But that's all I'm going to say.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Change the name if your serious...