unloading my excals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

Re: unloading my excals

Post by seabee401 »

Hey, thanx for the helpful replies. I knew I would get the info I was looking for here! Lots of knowledge and experience from several different people who looked from different angles from their own experiences. Made me confident enough to try yet cautious enough not to overlook the obvious,like making sure the arrow has been removed 1st!I could see how easily that can be forgotten. especially if you've never hunted w/ crossbow before like me.
Sorry to have misled some of you w/ the wording of my "topic". Didn't realize it till after I read the replies of those who picked up on it!Guess it really does look like a sales pitch! Would'nt part w/ my excals . I think I'd sell my furniture first>That would make more room and money for more excalibur's! lol!
Thanx again
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm still using the "shoot an arrow in the ground" method to unload. :roll:

I have let the string down by hand on those rare occasions when I didn't want to make any noise and didn't want the bow cocked (when it's raining and I'm leaving the ground blind I often put the bow in it's case to keep it dry).

I have no problem (physically) with letting the string down on the Phoenix, but figure it's safest just to shoot an arrow. With my luck I figure the problem of letting it down with an arrow on the rail (which would go through the foot in the stirrup) is like the problem of a dry-fire. It isn't a matter of "if", but rather "when".
wabi
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Point well taken Wabi. I guess its kinda like Murphy's law! I think i will do it anyway and try to pay attention to detail and use caution. Of course having a small discharge bag @ the end of the hunt for those times when conditions are not perfect like snow,rain, freezing cold, would cut down the chances of anything going wrong.
once again , thanx to everyone. Now if we can just get through this hurricane here in N.J. I'll feel alot better!
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
ScottytheLoner

Post by ScottytheLoner »

I thought the OP was selling his Excal's.........
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Man i thought i was going to get a good deal on a bow, anyway i let my ibex down by hand but if it was 200#s and up i would use the rope.
confederate

Post by confederate »

I shoot a 175 exocet and have always let the string down by hand and had no problems at all. Its really easy. :lol:
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I use the rope cocking aid.

MAKE SURE THE ARROW IS OUT OR YOU WILL BE SWEATING BULLETS AS YOU REALIZE THE ARROW IS GOING THROUGH YOUR BOOT :shock:

People have done it, there was a close call last year I think no names mentioned but the member got away with a minor injury.
Tenpoint Matrix