Feed Times

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

picasso

Feed Times

Post by picasso »

Hi everybody, it's been awhile since I've been on the forum but once again I am asking for your thoughts.
I just bought two feeders for deer, they will be filled with corn and I wanted to know what your opinions are about what times the automatic feeders show go off. The feeders have timers that can feed up to 6 times a day but I figured that I would feed twice a day.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Picasso
ComfyBear

Re: Feed Times

Post by ComfyBear »

You should try to have them dispensing feed at the times you will be hunting. By providing feed during those times should increase your chances of seeing deer.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

most guys I know set the timer for around 3 hrs before dusk and 1 before daylight. Their in their stands when the feeders go off.
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

i set for early in the morning 6.00 am and 3 p.m
used a small wire mesh let the corn pass so you can catch the big chuck so you won t clog your feeder .when you fill your feeder :D
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I set mine to go off as soon as I can see with the binocs in the morning( will vary throughout the season) and about three hours before dark in the eve. Mine can also have additional feedings and during season I usually feed a second time an hour or so later,so two feedings morning and two feedings eve.With the price of corn this year I may rethink the amounts I am feeding. It is not supposed to cost more to feed the deer than my family.
picasso

Post by picasso »

Thanks to all that have replied. Given the size of my feeders (5 Gal),I can't afford to feed six times a day and it's not like I can go every other day to refill them because of distance and time. Besides, the least amount of human presence in the woods, the better.
Thanks again, the replys were helpful.

Picasso