Question about Camo (hydrodipping) on a scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ottawacats

Question about Camo (hydrodipping) on a scope

Post by ottawacats »

I was looking at possibly getting my scope coated/dipped in a pattern to match my Ibex. So I went and looked online and most companys put a nice disclosure state "we dont warranty scopes" I can understand this but what are the chances of damage? Has anyone had a scope coated/dipped before and what was the outcome? The company Im looking at using is Tarjac in NY, they are only about a 3 1/2 drive so might even be able to see it done. I have used a company out in the mid west before on other projects and they have the same statement.

Matt
onebigskittle

Re: Question about Camo (hydrodipping) on a scope

Post by onebigskittle »

I never had a scope dipped but if i did it wouldnt be a high dollar scope or one that i couldnt afford to replace...let us know how it turns out if you have it done.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have not had one done but I have a friend that does camo dipping. He has done quite a few to date and only had 1 (his own Lumizone) suffer damage. I could put you in touch with him if you would like to ask him some questions.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I would not want to try it my self . I worked with Brushfire hydrographics for a bit . You have to fully submerge the scope in water and that is where the problems come in . If they are not sealed 100 % your scope is toast . That is why dippers state thy are not responsible for damage.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i gotta bet the activator for the film can eat at any rubber seals too. why not just get a beartooth camo neoprene scope cover. it will protect from scratchs and dings. i have them on all my scopes. there at cabelas for like 14$.