Target Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ElmerFudd

Target Question

Post by ElmerFudd »

Thanks to all who welcomed me to the forum. I have a question about targets. When I bought my Axiom I bought a nice bag type target for field points only. From my vertical bow days I have a homemade bag target that is made from a feed bag (read about that here). If I shoot broadheads at the homemade one will it damage arrows or just cut up my old target? Little about myself, I live in Southern Michigan along I-69 and not far from Indiana. I've been retired for about 3 years and loving it. Weather here was crappy today rain off and on. Gonna hook up with my Grandson tomorrow evening and try out the Axiom. My trigger finger is itching. lol
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
ElmerFudd

Re: Target Question

Post by ElmerFudd »

hankenhunter thank you for the reply to my post. About 15 seconds after I clicked the submit button, thought to myself--what a dumb question. :lol: Bought a broad head target today. Starting to think that getting set up can be sort of a money pit. :lol: Oh well gotta get things going in the transition from v bow to x bow. Just buy quality like Excalibur and the other little things I need and all will last a very long time. I'm going to try Rage 125 gr for crossbow broadheads. As near as I can figure this will give about 12% FOC with Firebolts. Hope this works. RAINED AGAIN THIS EVENING so could not shoot.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain