buck out of crossbow range

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

buck out of crossbow range

Post by wabi »

So I used a canon :shock: ................

My Canon pocket camera, that is. :lol:

Still a week to wait before I can use the crossbow, but I took my son along and we spent some time in the ladder stand overlooking the food plot & feeder this evening.
The little guy pictured is the only deer that came close while the light was good enough for a picture, and we left before "prime time".

My son was more interested in the squirrels in the oaks on the other side of the food plot, though. :roll:
I bought him his first hunting license this year (apprentice license) and he's been making it tough for the squirrels. Looks like I'll be up early again tomorrow so we can set under the oaks in the morning. :lol:
wabi
MarkMarine

Re: buck out of crossbow range

Post by MarkMarine »

Wabi, Time spent with your child in the woods is priceless. I cherish those times that only live now in memory. Cherish yours while making new ones:)
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Good luck on the bushy tails :!: I bet you would rather watch him shoot squireals than hunt yourself.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Nice being out there with the son and a nice looking buck comes along. Thanks for sharing with us.
Raymond
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Squirrels & hunting are made fer a young boy
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Nice encounter and with your son makes it that much more exciting,I remember my first kill with my youngest...he spotted the deer first and show it to me,without him i may not have seen it till it was to late.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Awsome for both of you!
Crispy
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Can I hire your boy to kill all the squirrels that live by my stand and drive me crazy? I should do it myself but I just hate cleaning those little buggers. Gary
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Reminds me of when I first stared out as a kid ... squirrels were high on the hit list . :lol:

Cool picture wabi ... Great to share time in the stand with your son !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
wabi

Post by wabi »

We left the stand about 7:30 yesterday evening. I pulled the SD card from the camera while we were squirrel hunting this morning (no shots taken today - Michael put a stalk on a couple different squirrels, but couldn't get a clear shot.).
Looks like we missed the first deer at the feeder by less that 10 minutes. :roll:
Glad we pulled out early, or we might have been stuck in the stand until well after dark. :lol:
The 8pt that has been hitting the feeder regularly was there just before 8:00.
wabi