Newbie stuff and a question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ElmerFudd

Newbie stuff and a question

Post by ElmerFudd »

Hi everyone. My grandson and I have now had a chance to try out the Axiom. All that can be said is WOW. We have shot it twice and now I know why everyone on the forum advises not to shoot at the same spot twice. May have to trade or sell a gun or two to buy more Excals. Sort of thinking Munch mount now. Question, about how far (inches) above the rail/scope will the arrows be when using this mount? Don't want to get things to close together just starting out. 9 days till Michigan bow opens.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
gerald strine

Re: Newbie stuff and a question

Post by gerald strine »

Welcome Elmer nice to have you here congrats on the new bow I am also waiting on the Michigan opener were a bouts you from?
I think if you type in munch mounts in the search box you will find a lot of info on them.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

gerald thanks for the come back. I'm located along I-69 not far from the Indiana Michigan state line in Branch Co. Have been looking at pictures of Munch mount but just can't get the proportions to click. Being new to the xbow just don't want to get things crowded up to start with.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

My self I just use a side quiver just my preference from my vertical bow days.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

gerald, by side quiver do ya mean on the side of the xbow or one that ya wear on your hip? there are just to many toys :D . But it is fun trying stuff, love experimenting with new stuff.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

On the hip.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
birddog10

Post by birddog10 »

Elmer, I'm just north of you in Calhoun Co. I drive down I-69 many times and am just amazed at how many deer hang out in the fields along the highway. You shouldn't have any problem picking one out. I actually hunt north in Barry Co. Last year I plucked my first deer with a crossbow, my Phoenix. This year I'm looking for the "wall hanger" that ripped up 3 of my tamarack saplings I planted along my pond.
Good luck and be safe.