S5 suppressor question.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

S5 suppressor question.

Post by theoldarcher »

I got my S5 suppressors in yesterday. When I went to put them on I had a devil of a time getting them on. I finally had to remove a fraction of material from them on the angled side that fits up against the rear of the riser to get them to fit. Has anyone else had this problem?
j.krug

Re: S5 suppressor question.

Post by j.krug »

Mine went on fine but a few folks have had the same issue. If I remember correctly the holes that the bolts go thru are used for holding the riser during machining and are sometimes not exactly in the same location. Bill T (and others) have suggested opening up the hole with a drill to assist with mounting them. Sounds like you were able to make it fit already though.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

We didn't have to take much off, about the thickness of the finish is all it took, i was just wondering if more has had this problem or if was just my normal bad luck to have gotten that set. Thanks j.krug.
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

I just bought a set of the S5 suppressors today. I was disappointed to find I'm having what sounds like the same problem installing these suckers. They won't slide far enough forward toward the limbs to line up with the hole you're supposed to push the bolt through. I really don't want to go drilling on my riser or filing on the suppressors. Anyone have any other options besides returning these things!

BTW I bought my Exocet 200 in June 2005. It has the forward mounting limbs with the dissipator bars but the riser is the original style without the machined accessory dovetail. It has the two holes on each side for mounting the flat bottomed level or the dovetail mount attachment plate. I'm assuming this model should still work with the S5 - correct?
TB

Post by TB »

I had the same problem called Peter. He said older risers had holes that weren't perfectly perpendicular. At that time they weren't to be used for anything. He told me to run, I think it was a 11/32 bit through it. I did that and it fit perfectly even with the longer screws from the munch mount. Many older models may have this problem
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

I cringed at the thought of drilling on my riser - but went ahead and did it - 11/32 worked but still had to ream it a little. 3/8 would probably work better. Now the only issue I have is that I can no longer use my level and dovetail mount that I used to mount my Dan Miller top mount quiver bracket. Those holes are machined such that they are too close to the S5 bars.