who uses slick tricks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigNasty

Re: who uses slick tricks?

Post by BigNasty »

Last edited by BigNasty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Use em. Love em. They don't have the exact same POI for me as the field points, but they fly consistent. They are extremely tough and do some damage to whatever they hit.

I shot a buck last year and the arrow blew right through the far shoulder, the head was barely dulled.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

i use em all the time they are really acurate !!! love em
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

they shoot good for me..sometimes i go between the muzzy,s and slick,s..but the slicks are always pretty well in there with my field points better than the muzzy,s..this year i,m goin with the razor tricks, so far they shoot like a rifle :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

As far as sharpening, with pass throughs always finding a rock, I have not found a way to get the chips out of the blade. I use these for when I practice with broadheads. It's surprising how they still fly the same. I like to use new blades for hunting just in case the bolt finds the shoulder blade or ribs it will pass through.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I sighted my Axiom in with 100 gr Magnums last year. While they were accurate, they would not shoot to the same spot as my field points. They were 4 to 5 inches low and to the right.

I moved the point of impact so that the ST were hitting dead on and took 3 deer with them. I wasn't impressed with none of the blood trails. Switched to G5 Strikers. They hit the same place as my field points and they're a good bit more accurate than the ST.

I've only taken one deer since switching but the results were much better even on a bad hit.

Your mileage may vary.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4