EXOMAX NOT CONSISTENT!!????!!!! Help!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JB2010

EXOMAX NOT CONSISTENT!!????!!!! Help!!

Post by JB2010 »

I have an Exomax with what I have listed in my signature. I just added the boo string about 4 months ago but never shot it. I left it on to let the string stretch.. I shot it about 15-20 times to sight it in and my groups are not what they were before. Even with field points the groups are not as consistent. I have missed 2 deer so far both at 38 yards. It is shooting over them. I shot it today and it was shooting 7 inches high after missing deer number 2. ( *Keep in mind It was shooting pretty good 2 days earlier. It stays in a hard case and has not been dropped or bumped.*) I shoot different arrows and its shooting 2 inches high. I make more adjustments. The groups are still not as good as before the string swap. Im not bashing the string, I like it, but that's all that has changed. Its like when I load it and hunt all day, when it fires it shoots higher than it did before. Whats the deal?? Its not shooter error because I have a very steady rest. Does this string need a lot of time to stretch out by being shot a lot or ?? Tired of missing, please help!!!!!
Matrix 380
Nikon 3-9x40 with HHA Optimizer.
Deluxe Munch Mount
FIREBOLTS W/BRASS INSERTS, LUMENOCKS
100gr GRIM REAPERS 1 3/4 cut
bucknbill

Re: EXOMAX NOT CONSISTENT!!????!!!! Help!!

Post by bucknbill »

try going back to old string and see how it,s doing, could be your scope went out
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Be sure to check your brace height; your string should be sitting between the 2 marks; when cocking, make sure you have the EXACT same pull on the string and your serving is in the center each time; also check to see if your scope base is on tight and your scope is tight as well; if all is in tack, you may have a faulty scope; it has and does happen;

If you still have a problem, don't hesitate to call excalibur or get ahold of Dave Miller; both are excellent in getting you help; sure hope you get it solved soon; don't get upset with your excalibur b/c they (excalibur) will make it right no matter what; also check all your mounting bolts on your bow, ALL of them from limbs and everything in between. Dave is a guru for solving problems. keep us posted.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Had similar experience. The problem was the new Boo was thinner than the one I'd sighted the bow in w/. I thought I was getting a lot more fps until Boo dialed me in.

Sight in w/ Boo, save other for spare, life is good.
"Eze 18:21"
JB2010

Post by JB2010 »

The guy at Excalibur is having another Varizone sent to me. He said he thinks it could be a reticle issue. I will have it by the end of the week and let everyone know the outcome. ((Fingers crossed!!))
Matrix 380
Deluxe Munch Mount
strum

Post by strum »

thats probly the fix..mine is so consistant i can hit bacteria on a fea's butt at 150 yards :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

strum wrote:thats probly the fix..mine is so consistant i can hit bacteria on a fea's butt at 150 yards :lol:
X2 :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
JB2010

Post by JB2010 »

UPDATE!! I got the scope replaced! Problem solved! This scope was a little more aggravating to sight in than the last one was but everything is working right. I did however get a doe last Saturday before the swap. I knew that 30+ yard shots were not ethical but inside 20 were still descent. I got to bust a doe at 18 yards. I couldn't let a bad scope keep me down for a good morning hunt. While I had the down time I also got to install the s5 system on my bow. I can tell a difference but not exactly what I had hoped for. Thx for all the input guys!
Matrix 380
Deluxe Munch Mount