DZ license

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

DZ license

Post by xbowrook »

just thinking of going for my DZ license, and was wondering if anyone here drives a DorAz truck? wondering if you know if there are any practice tests online anywhere? i have been studying the book for a little while and feel i have it down, i am just naturally nervous about tests.... if i pass i then have to think about where to drive a truck before road test..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
fudster

Re: DZ license

Post by fudster »

im a otr driver and my suggestion is go to a school and let them train you. its a lot easier or maybe hire on with a company that needs drivers.
munch

Post by munch »

i have my acm and thought i knew how to drive when i went to take the test but found out you are going to be tested by someone who could not drive a stick up a dead dogs back end but knows what the book says and thats what they want to see .if i where you i would spend a few bucks to have a qualified instructor coach you on the procedure the examiner wants to see .
i took a tractor and float too move heavy equipment to do my roadtest the first time .the suspension in this truck and trailer are very stiff to carry the heavey loads .we where traveling down a very ruff road and i was driving 60 in an 80 because of the road conditions .the tester told me to speed up so i did to 70 she then got a sower look on her face and told me i said to speed up to the posted speed so i did to 80. the road was so bad the outriggers on the float bounced out of there holders and swung to the oped position witch made the truck over size so i stopped and stored them again.i then drove the speed the road conditions allowed .when we got back she said i would need to return to retest as i had failed the test for not driving at posted speed . i asked if she saw that i was trying to drive at speeds the road condition would allow and when i drove the posted speed the out riggers bounced out.she then informed me that that was my fault i did not have them secured properly .i'm convinced they look for any excuse to have you return.take advantage of an instructor if you can .
good luck on the test .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

if your going to do it on your own, there was a loop hole in the testing where you could use a one ton pick up with a tri axle trailer (just have to meet gvw req.) to go for your A there was talk of them changing this but I'm not sure if they ever did i believe you can obtain your Z endorsement at a third party course (conestoga college had a course) either way good luck
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

The pick up truck towing a trailer is now called a modifide "A" it is meant for people towing heavy loads like a horse trailer or bobcat/mini excavators etc; you can not drive a tractor trailer.

A lot of people opt to write the "C" test when they write the "D" or "A" as this gives you the Coach license to drive a bus with passengers for an extra $10.00, this could open other employment opportunities.

Good luck on the test.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS