S5 Dampener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman

S5 Dampener

Post by deerman »

Hope I can find help here. Installed the S5 to my exomax and now it's causing the string to blow off. The machining of the S5 is not streight so it was a bear to get the bolt to thread into the S5. The string just touches the rubber on the S5. Any idea what would cause the string to blow off,not a cool problem. Hope you all can help. I took the dampners off and now the string stays on.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
OkXbowHunter

Re: S5 Dampener

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Hey Deerman,

Sorry I can't help you but if you give Danny Miller a call, I'm sure he can!

This is the last info I have on him.

(740) 483-2312 or (740) 483-2030
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I believe you are suppose to leave a gap about the width of a credit card between the string and the dampers . Add a few twists to the string to increase your brace height .
BrunoB

Post by BrunoB »

Please let us know what you find. I have also installed them and no problems so far. Mine installed easily.
fireman413

Post by fireman413 »

Can anyone tell me if this dampened is worth it. Does it really help , is it noticeable? Will the bow become noticeably quiter to the shooter? I shoot an exomax and it is loud but super fast.
suzyandal

Post by suzyandal »

I also installed it on my Vortex and have noticed quite a bit of vibration reduction after the shot.
ncbowhunter

Post by ncbowhunter »

Are they installed correctly on the riser? They have to be mounted on the right side or they will be offset and the string will not hit the center of the pad. Just a thought :wink:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

DELETED
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

a picture would be great :wink:
i have them on my vortex also... no more shockwave !!! :D
kinda quiet'r.... most of all, limb protection against P.A.D. :shock:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
deerman

Post by deerman »

The CNC work on the mounts is not at all correct. Who would I send them back to as I purchased them at the Imlay City Woods & Water show? I removed the S5 and shot the 150 gr Boltcutter and could not hold a group to save my life, so I shot the 100 Wasp 3 blade that came with my bow setup 6 years ago. Cant remember the name of the Wasp, need some replacement blades. Does anyone remember the name of those 100gr Wasp's?? It now shoots like it did before I started fooling with it;Great!! No S5, no 150gr Boltcutters. I guess if the wheel goes around dont change it. Help me with the broadhead name. Thanks everyone;Deerman
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Hammer sst's ?
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
redmandant

Post by redmandant »

Ok two easy fixes, you simply have to drill the hole out that the S5 bolts thru. I would assume that your exomax is not brand new, correct? Slightly older bows have those holes drilled out but not precise. Second, add a twist to the string, the gap must be a minimum of a credit card width between rubber and string. Too close will cause premature wear on the rubber and will occasionally cause the string to come off( I have seen it, it is scary :shock: )

And yes, they are worth it, the difference it makes in the vibration is very noticable..

Hope this helps

DAN
I know I can't spell but does it look like I CAIR!!!!!
deerman

Post by deerman »

Those holes in the riser are ok the bolt goes through it ok it's the metal part of the S5 that has the poor CNC work, it's angled side that goes up against the raiser is way off. I need to send these either to Dan Miller or Excalibur to get a differant set.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Wasp BOSS SST 100gr. 1 1/8 inch cut diam came in the package.
deerman

Post by deerman »

Yup thats the name of them, Boss sst's. 100grain. They fly about as true as any broadhead that I have shot out of the Exomax. Thanks again for all the help guys.