x-act broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Leaf

x-act broadheads

Post by Leaf »

I did a search on these and came up empty. Anybody here using these? If so could you share your opinions of these broadheads. Thank you.
Vortex
S5
Lumizone
xx75's 2215
Razor Tricks
wolv1001

Re: x-act broadheads

Post by wolv1001 »

We have four of us in our camp that use them,they work great. Only word of caution, watch the extreme quartering shots.
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

I am using them, the one doe i have gotten only went about 80 yards or so, wouldn't have gone that far but i came out of stand to early and bumped her.

i was on wet leaf bed so couldn't really find blood trail that well but once dog got on it started finding it as we followed. The blood was there just blended into the color of the ground
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I found them to work real well, I did have a good blood trail. 40 yard broad side shot a few years ago. Through and through, deer only went 40 yards and was dead as a door knob.
Raymond
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Its my first year trying them. I took them apart and re assembled them just to aquaint myself with them. A good design it seems! I look forward to the seeing them perform on the first volunteer.

Hey wolv: why watch the extreme quartering?? Do they have a tendancy to deflect? I gotta think that any extrem quartering would be iffy. (no matter which head, fixed or mech) dont plan on trying it anyways, it just that inquiring minds want to know :D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

Hey Scott, That was the advice I got from Danny miller when i purchased then,apparently there can be issues with them deploying in that situation. So we are careful to watch our angles. We just had another harvest with one Thursday,no problems at all. Also, they do give a great blood trail in most cases.