Fighting over $10 per bag corn

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rayman

Fighting over $10 per bag corn

Post by rayman »

I think some of the competition may need to be eliminated.
j.krug

Re: Fighting over $10 per bag corn

Post by j.krug »

Yep...definately time to thin out the competition!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

LUCKY YOU! Not for the deer feeding but the $10. bag of corn. Paid that last year and it jumped this year to $19. a bag.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I'm sorta glad they don't let us bait here in Illinois. It has saved me lots of money! :lol: Gary
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

GaryM wrote:I'm sorta glad they don't let us bait here in Illinois. It has saved me lots of money! :lol: Gary
You can't bait the deer there, but you can the Politicians!! :lol: :roll:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm glad I haven't added up the cost so far this year. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Been feeding for a couple months now, and there for a while they were eating 35-50 pounds a day! Since the acorns have started falling the corn lasts a bit longer, but there are still some "regulars" at the feeder.
We had strong winds all weekend bur it was calm this morning. Dropped my son off for school and then went to the farm I hunt (my usual routine) to pull the camera card. I had deer watching me as I came out of the woods, and white tails flagging everywhere as I got close to the feeder. :lol:

These weren't the only ones there, but I had to get within about 20 yards before they decided to leave. :lol:

wabi
Wildlife Control

Post by Wildlife Control »

By law in Florida we must maintain our feeding stations year round in order to hunt over them. 50 lbs a week adds up quick...I try not to think about it...plus I keep a bean plot at $1.50 a pound X 300 lbs and gas @ $25 a trip...The deer eat better than I do.
Florida Nuisance Wildlife Trapper

Excalibur Equinox
Easton Firebolts Brass Inserts
NAP Spitfires

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's MUCH more important than that.
Panhandler80

Post by Panhandler80 »

Wildlife Control wrote:By law in Florida we must maintain our feeding stations year round in order to hunt over them.
I thought it was just 6 months. I could be wrong, though.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
rayman

Post by rayman »

Copied from MYFWC website -
•Resident game and wild hogs may be hunted in proximity of year-round game-feeding stations on private lands, provided the feeding station has been maintained with feed for at least six months prior to taking resident game.

I put out a small amount year round and then buy a ton in September. Last year it was about $250 per ton, this year is was about $350.

There is no feeding allowed on public land. That's one of the things they really look for too.
fujimo

Post by fujimo »

Corn here in Ohio is about $10 a bag tooFound bags of trophy buck brand corn today and thought I was getting
a bargain at $8.50 per bag.
I bought 2bags and when I got them to the truck realized they were 40lb. Bags :shock:
Exomax
vari-zone scope
125gr. Rage 2blade
Boo custom string
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Our local COOP has corn for $10.50 for 50 lbs.

Wal-Mart carries the Remington brand and it's currently $7.88 for 40 lbs and a lot of it that we get is very trashy and clogs up the feeders.

Our local Home & Ranch store has 40 lb bags for $8.49 and it's very clean.

Everything is up about a dollar to a buck fifty over what it was last year.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I was paying $8.50 for 50 lbs last year here in Essex county. This year it's up a bit, $10 and change for 50 lbs. One bag lasts me 1 1/2-2 weeks depending on how hard they're hitting the feeders so that's not too bad.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

I got lucky and found a guy that had 50# bag shelled or 100# bag of cob for 7.50 each. Bought a 40 bags (1 ton) shelled and 10 bags (1/2 ton) of cob. total $375. I have been VEEEERY spraring with it trying to save the majority for oncwe the acorns are gone!
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
rayman

Post by rayman »

new2xbow wrote:100# bag of cob
Used to do a trip to my Brother-in-law's farm in the SC low country every year. All we would see at the country stores would be bags and bags of cob corn. That's the only place I've seen so much of it. Almost no where to get it around here. I've heard turkeys don't eat it as much. Almost always got a deer at that place too.
wabi

Post by wabi »

fujimo wrote:Corn here in Ohio is about $10 a bag tooFound bags of trophy buck brand corn today and thought I was getting
a bargain at $8.50 per bag.
I bought 2bags and when I got them to the truck realized they were 40lb. Bags :shock:
That seem to be a trend in the discount stores and walmart. I noticed it last year. Our local "department" store and walmart both had 40# bags priced just slightly less than the feed stores were getting for 50# bags. I'll bet a lot of unsuspecting people bought it thinking they had found a bargain.
wabi