Grim Reaper Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JB2010

Grim Reaper Broadheads

Post by JB2010 »

I just bought some Grim Reaper Razorcut SS broadheads last night on ebay. They are 1 3/4" cut. They look awesome but I was just wondering if anyone else has used them. The Spitfire XP's have done a great job for me I just wanted to try something different since I needed new broadheads again. Thx!
Matrix 380
Nikon 3-9x40 with HHA Optimizer.
Deluxe Munch Mount
FIREBOLTS W/BRASS INSERTS, LUMENOCKS
100gr GRIM REAPERS 1 3/4 cut
JB2010

Re: Grim Reaper Broadheads

Post by JB2010 »

:idea: I will just let yall know how they do. :)
Matrix 380
Nikon 3-9x40 with HHA Optimizer.
Deluxe Munch Mount
FIREBOLTS W/BRASS INSERTS, LUMENOCKS
100gr GRIM REAPERS 1 3/4 cut
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Don't know much about the grim reaper's...shoot spitfires myself but every thing i've read about them is good. I bought me some 125gr razor cuts over the summer, might give them a try this wknd.
Good Luck! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
dork

Post by dork »

i used grim reapers the last two years they seem kool.they dull very easily.i smartened up and just went with fixed broadheads as two of my reapers just feel apart
arnettjd10

Post by arnettjd10 »

ive used the whitetail specials on 2 deer this year and have been dissapointed both times. with a 2 inch cut there should be a decent blood trail, but both times there was very little blood. the first deer we never found, got a complete pass through on both shoulders, that deer shouldve died quick but after tracking it for 100 yards the deer stopped bleeding. the entrance holes r very small.
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
deerman

Post by deerman »

Nothing beats a good ole very sharp fixed bladed broadhead the type you can replace the blades. Once I shoot a deer with one the blades get changed. I want razor blade sharpness. I had a guy show me with rubber bands once. You take a rubberband and stretch it betwee your thumb and forefinger then run your broadhead across the rubberband, if it doesn't cut the band instantly you need a new broadhead. Sharpness=great blood trailing=recovery. You stickum in the boileroom and it's over. I had some Rage broadheads in my quiver and just for kicks I ran my finger across the blade and it was as dull as a butter knife.I no longer use Rage, but the sharp Boltcutters. Check your broadheads often as some quivers will dull the broadhead just from riding in the quiver.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.