Exorcism needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

koko

Exorcism needed

Post by koko »

I have come to this forum because you guys and gals are the greatest and have an answer for everything. Help me please... I have bad juju or carma or something, can you people get rid of it for me. Proform something, pray for me, anything. You can't keep going into the woods time and time again and not see anything, can you. I have been out 19 times and only seen deer 4 times. Even without any luck you should see deer more times than that. Something is not right. I could caulk it up for a bad year, but it is like this every year. I am hunting a scrape so I also put up a camera. 3 days, long story short the only thing that has been there is a big 7 pointer at 11:30 PM and a nice 4 pointer at 2:30 AM. No doe. 2 days ago, I was driving home from hunting, 1/2 mile 2 deer standing along side of the road staring at me. I turn in the driveway and up at the top of the lane another one is looking at me. Tonight, coming home I am ready to turn into my driveway and 100 yards farther up the road 2 deer are standing in the road looking at me. But I can't find a deer in the woods. Somebody do something for me please. Maybe chant, I am open to any and all suggestions. I have 3 weeks of archery season left. I have lost faith and have sighted in the rifle and slug gun.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
rayman

Re: Exorcism needed

Post by rayman »

Been there bud. Some years seems like it's just never going to happen and the stress makes you tight, more prone to mistakes. Then some years it seems like you can't do anything wrong.

Good luck man.
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

Sit still, dont move so much & put your cellphone on vibrate.& dont put on cologne before going into the woods.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
koko

Post by koko »

I don't have a cell phone, still old school. My wife says I am to shus-ly. What ever that is.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
redmandant

Post by redmandant »

I got the fix for you. Go totally unprepared. I mean, the only time I seem to get a deer in range is when #1 i forgot my knife and rope, #2 forgot the camera to record the event, #3 left the cell phone at home so I can't call for help.#4 and probably the most important thing, made plans for immediately after the hunt that if I do get something there is no possible way I would make it... :roll: :? :lol:
I know I can't spell but does it look like I CAIR!!!!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have a buddy who has been out almost as much as you and has yet to see a deer at all! Not even one in the distance! I hunt alot and the one I had in range I took. But nearly everytime I go out I spot them in around the area. Usually a few hundred yards out, I have spooked one one may way in, another on the way out. Hunting is unpredictable at the best of times. We try to educate ourselves as much as possible but if deer numbers are down then alot of it comes down to luck. Stick it out and it will happen koko. I hope ya connect soon!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

redmandant wrote:I got the fix for you. Go totally unprepared. I mean, the only time I seem to get a deer in range is when #1 i forgot my knife and rope, #2 forgot the camera to record the event, #3 left the cell phone at home so I can't call for help.#4 and probably the most important thing, made plans for immediately after the hunt that if I do get something there is no possible way I would make it... :roll: :? :lol:
That's probably what it will take. Head back to your stand without any arrows and you'll probably see a record number of deer! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Thats how my luck has been so far but hang in there and lets hope it changes.
I have seen a few but im holding out on Mr Big.
wabi

Post by wabi »

This time of year it can be a matter of luck.

The food is abundant, the deer are starting to break up the groups (family and bachelor) as the breeding phase of their annual cycle approaches, and the weather can be a big factor as the leaves are falling and extending the ability to see in the woods.

I keep a camera on my feeder and it's been mostly nocturnal activity but then suddenly one (or more) shows up at some odd daylight hour in the pictures. We're lucky to have a long season here, so I have decided to back off from hunting the food plot and feeder until more predictable (morning and evening) patterns appear.
It seems to me like the usual pre-rut activity is a bit delayed this year. Last year at this time the bucks were checking the food plot more frequently during daylight hours to check on the does that regularly visit. This year some nice bucks are coming in, but almost always in the middle of the night right now.

I'm hoping patience is the answer, and luckily we have plenty of season (time) to allow for patience. :D
wabi
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Keep the faith, it is the same for me this year. I am blaming it on the weather right now it is t-shirt weather here. Maybe once it turns colder.
Raymond
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Go turkey hunting the deer will come right to you, at least thats what happened to me on Friday!! :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
rayman

Post by rayman »

If you let a friend sit in you stand he'll see 18 deer and kill an 11 point monster. :lol:
Gewehrhund

Post by Gewehrhund »

Hang in there, I've had the same luck here in the NE part of the state. I've been out 10 times and seen 3 deer. My oldest daughter hunts with a Matthews vert bow and has seen deer every time she's been out! On the way to pick up my little one today at camp I saw a monster just walking through the middle of a field, of course it's Sunday! When will Pa. revoke that ridiculous law? Any way judging from all the dead deer I saw on 81 today I think the deer are moving and the rut will happen soon ......
2011 Vortex w/S5
Fire Bolts w/rage 100 gn for deer
Fire Bolts w/bolt cutters for everything else
.338 Ruger compact mag
Nikon Pro Staff LRF
Excal FFF string
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

That hunting for you ... on the positive side you saw some deer :D just go and enjoy the outdoor. A old friend tool me once just look for a nice tree to sit ,push the leaves out and just sit and do not move ,god creatures will come to you . chipmunk ,chickadee bird ,fox ect... and maybe a nice deer :D enjoy yoursefl . good luck to you !!!
ps
if you do not get one ... still next year :lol:
hope you get a big one
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
paarcher462

Post by paarcher462 »

I don't think that you are the only one not seeing deer in PA.Hang in there.