S5 Fails quality

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: S5 Fails quality

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
BrunoB wrote:Mine split on the "seams" as well after 20 shots. Disappointing... Maybe it's because I had the seam align with the string.
It would seam that way :mrgreen: .....sorry, had to beat Wabi to it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seams like ya'll have this under control.Isnt it great to have such a wonderful forum to come to for seamingly endless help and knowledge!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

For the STS folk:

There's replacement bumpers that come out of Canada that are more durable than factory................

Can't recall who sent me some. [but thanks again, lol]
"Eze 18:21"
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

So, "Canadian Bumpers are better than the factory Bumpers".

Very Interesting!!!!!!
:roll:
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Smoothbore

Post by Smoothbore »

So what has Excaliburs warranty said about the S5 rubbers ? After you contacted Peter .
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Well I don't believe that there is any warranty when it comes to the S5 bumpers. I had one of mine split slightly, after very little use. I believe it was due to an uneven tiller. However, when I asked Excalibur staff about it, I got the impression that no matter how they get damaged, the consumers must replace them at their own expense.
I might be wrong because I didn't ask for free replacements, but Excalibur didn't offer to replace them either. So your guess is as good as mine.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
deerman

Post by deerman »

Smoothbore wrote:So what has Excaliburs warranty said about the S5 rubbers ? After you contacted Peter .
I have been very busy getting a QDM Co-Op invitations out for a startup meeting to have a township Co-Op started. This will pay off big in a couple of years. I will be calling pete tomorrow to get his low down on this problem.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Migabby wrote:So, "Canadian Bumpers are better than the factory Bumpers".

Very Interesting!!!!!!
:roll:
Mig, I was talking about the STS [made in states] fitted w/ Canuck bumpers. If you need some, talk to NewGuy..........

Here's an idea I haven't tested yet: Crappy pic but cut up a belt w/ gasket punch...........

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Did you just come up with a new use for wine corks? :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

No wine corks, used to throw them away once I got them out of the bottle.

I cut several of those pieces out of a leather belt that had mysteriously shrunk over a few years while hanging in my shop.

I then had to cut my previously unaltered STS rods to get proper BH, just never got around to checking them out. I'm concerned about the glue I used holding up. No, I don't even remember what that was, lol.

I've got a bunch of 'pee' holed bumpers and leather slugs laying on a shelf out there.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

My first set of rubber bumpers on my s5 split pretty quickly on my Equinox. I was not rotating them like I should have. I now rotate them ever 20 shots or less and make sure they have a gap between them and the string. My current set looks beat up but have really lasted. I am very satisfied with the quality.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
deerman

Post by deerman »

Smoothbore wrote:So what has Excaliburs warranty said about the S5 rubbers ? After you contacted Peter .
I got a reply email from Excalibur telling me that these rubber bumpers WILL be under warranty only as they new about the problems I was having with the S5. They new I had only shot it a few times, so as Excalibur has always been they get a 5 star in customer service again for what they have and do for the customer. Just a bit of good advise DO NOT SET THE RUBBER BUMPERS SO AS THE MOLDING LINE ON THEM DOES NOT LINE UP WITH THE STRING WHEN IT IS RELEASED. THERE IS A FAINT LINE ON THE FACE OF THE RUBBER STOPPER BUMPER WHERE THE STRING HITS,MAKE SURE THAT LINE IS NOT HORIZONAL WITH THE STRING OR THEY WILL SPLIT IN TWO. Thanks Excalibur for all your help;Deerman in the THUMB.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Deerman,

Gotta tell you I think the molding marks and alignment is more coincidence than flaw.

In any event, since Excal is warrantying them, it's a moot point.

As I understand the S-5 system, it requires a 1" brace height. If someone one shoots into them, w/ a much lower bheight, bad things are bound to happen.

Kudo's to Excal for not quibbling.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

So I've gotta ask........ What's the difference in the S5 vs the NGSS, other than the obvious? I've got the NGSS and don't really see the need to spend the money on the S5 if both do the same thing. If there's a definite benefit to the S5 over the NGSS then I may have to pick one up. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.