New QDM Co-Op Forming

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman

New QDM Co-Op Forming

Post by deerman »

Saturday Nov 5th, is the start of a new Deer management program here in the Thumb Area in Tuscola County Dayton Twp. Myself and all area Twp land owners will meet at the Gary Staford Farm to discuss the future of Deer management in Dayton Twp. The local Thumb Area Branch QDMA will be on hand to speak about other very successful Co-Op's in the Thumb Area and about how QDM will help you become a better Deer Manager & Land Manager. The branch is also providing the lunch and drinks at this meeting. It start's at 11:00am @ 5055 Cat Lake Rd, Mayville,MI. Meeting will last about an hour then lunch and question & answer period and back to the woods to hunt. Total time at this event will be about 2 hours or so, so if you live or hunt in this area I would love to see you there. QDM it's the future of Deer Hunting in the Thumb.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
Archer Ontario

Re: New QDM Co-Op Forming

Post by Archer Ontario »

i hope everyone buys in .
it works
deerman

Post by deerman »

Archer Ontario wrote:i hope everyone buys in .
it works
You are right it does work. We currently have about 2000 acres on board even before I have sent out 170 invitations to the surounding area land owners around my hunting property. It's amazing what a mature deer herd is like when you can go to a stand and truely expect to see mature bucks. Thats why a co-op is the way to go because you cant say the neighbor will shoot it if I let it walk. Sunday I let a 10 pt 2.5 year old walk. I have shot many of the 2.5 year olds so what was the point in shooting the ten when I can shoot Doe after Doe to fill the freezer and the ten hopefully will make it to 3.5 or make someone who has never shot one very happy. I'm not a greedy hunter that has the mind set of if I dont shoot it someone else will. If you kill the young buck you will never know it's true potential. Dead Deer Dont Grow. 1.5 year old bucks are the dumbest bucks in the woods. He still has milk on his lips and has never had a piece of ass. Im very excited about this co-op as the interest is there. Our branch will help start any co-op in the Thumb Area. Education is the key to making the QDM program work. A hunter last year shot a 198 class in his co-op near Bad Axe,MI. All it takes is AGE as we have the food and genetics. With a little time we all can be shooting that buck of a lifetime. Good Luck this season!!
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
koko

Post by koko »

Why was I born in Pennsylvania.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
deerman

Post by deerman »

koko wrote:Why was I born in Pennsylvania.
There are many QDMA branchs in PA that would be more than happy to put on a Co-op meeting to get all your neighbors on the same page, just go to www.qdma.com to see the closest branch to you. Good luck this season!!