Bucks are getting ready

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Louvp

Bucks are getting ready

Post by Louvp »

Looks like I may have picked the right week to hunt. Bucks are starting to chase the Does. Called in a 8" spike buck from 80yds away using the Primos Doe in Estrus can call. Hit it 2 x's & he came running into me full speed stopped 5yds away,I passed him up because I only get 1 buck tag,if he does that near the end of my week he maybe in trouble. I might have to AXiom. My nephew seen a monster buck chasing Does when he was walking in around 2pm so if the Big Boys are moving at 2pm I'd say rut is on. Its gonna be a fun week.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Louvp

Re: Bucks are getting ready

Post by Louvp »

Heard today that theres a good chance that the NJ state record may have been broken.Seems to be alot of nice bucks being taken. The current record for Typical is like 189 & change & the non typical is 204 & change.
Last edited by Louvp on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excal Axiom SMF
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
B3,

frisky

Post by frisky »

I have passed on deer but at the end of season I only had "tag soup". :oops: If the opportunity comes I would grab it. :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

frisky wrote:I have passed on deer but at the end of season I only had "tag soup". :oops: If the opportunity comes I would grab it. :D
Yeah I been there done that,that's the chance we take.I'll nail a doe before the week is out hopefully,if I have to I'll sit in my nephews ground blind on his feeder. We can shoot unlimited number of Does. Guy I was with seen 27 deer in the spot I put him tonight.He shot a Doe
Excal Axiom SMF
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
B3,

masboy

Post by masboy »

I called in two bucks today and I been out almost everyday but have not seen one chasing a doe yet . my son has not seen it yet either. but soon I,m sure.
deerman

Post by deerman »

Most of that rutting you are seeing is being done by the immature 1.5 year olds as they are like a 18 year old boy. The mature bucks are focused on food and putting on weight before they go into their breeding cycle. I had a 2.5 year old 10 point bed down 10 feet from me and when the Does got near him he had no interest in them but the 1.5 year olds were running around looking like Joe studs. Seeking phase is still going on around here. Rut will be a little late this year. Good luck
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
BigNasty

Post by BigNasty »

Last edited by BigNasty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Post by wabi »

frisky wrote:I have passed on deer but at the end of season I only had "tag soup". :oops: If the opportunity comes I would grab it. :D
As you can guess by the pics of the bucks I kill, my motto is:
"Never let a buck walk on the first day of the season if you would be happy to shoot it on the last day."
wabi
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I have been passing them up to but today i decided to take a doe and be happy with it but my arrow/bolt hit a darn twig and deflected some where in the wild blue yonder and the doe just stood there so i tryed to recock my crossbow but i couldnt do it in the treestand