Ripley's Believe it or Not!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PA_DeerHunter

Ripley's Believe it or Not!

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Wow am I a lucky man or what? The rut is in full swing here and I never knew this buck was in my area here in western PA. At 9 am, yesterday morning, I saw him chasing rabbits when a certain aggressive chipmunk chased him my way. All was progressing nicely when he suddenly paused briefly at a fire hydrant to make a scrape. I thought he was going to change course, but my luck was running good. He continued on his path toward my lamp post. My summit climber was shaking terribly because of my frailed nerves, and I was beginning to wonder if it would hold to the lamp post. I steadied myself. Finally, I decided it was time to cock my Vortex while the buck was busy watching neighborhood automobiles drive by. I eased the crosshairs into place and pulled the trigger! I Put a nasty kill shot on him right at the base of his tail. Incredible shot! He made it only 40 yards and died under a swing set in some fool's back yard. What a day!

Vormax

Re: Ripley's Believe it or Not!

Post by Vormax »

Looking forward to seeing your hunt on TV.

I am also interested in the lamp post. How much ?? Free shipping I would assume ?

:wink:
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

WOW!!! :shock: Amazing story and harvest! Congrats!

Your hunt reminds me of a squirrel hunt that a buddy and I went on. We knew there was a big one in the area, but never realized he was as big as he was until we actually got him on the ground!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Vormax wrote:Looking forward to seeing your hunt on TV.

I am also interested in the lamp post. How much ?? Free shipping I would assume ?

:wink:
Yes, I've been approached by a new outdoors sports program called B.S. OUTDOORS, and they want to send a video crew out to get the story and video of my buck, as well as the now infamous lamp post! I will let you know when the episode airs. Count on it!

I do have one concern though. The woman of the house, whose daughter's swing set my buck died under, is spitting mad at me. She was not too happy with me, and couldn't believe I was hunting right out front of her house on the lamp post. She also told me she didn't appreciate the large gut pile next to her daughter's swing set. I told her, "Lady, I just shoot them. I don't tell them where to lie down and die. Cut me some slack!" I tried to assuage her anger by offering the daughter the deer's tail, but to no avail. I think she may cause me problems when the film crew arrives. We will just have to cross our fingers.

As far as the lamp post goes, I can't help you there. It was already planted in the ground by one of our PA power companies. I could send you the dimensions and weight of the lamp post, however, but once you plant it you probably won't want to move it. They're pretty heavy. But they're straight and uniform in diameter, so adjusting your climber as you climb is not necessary. All I can say is, "Hunting from lamp posts is pretty bitchin'!"

Regards, and thanks all for reading my incredible story!
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Big58cal wrote:WOW!!! :shock: Amazing story and harvest! Congrats!

Your hunt reminds me of a squirrel hunt that a buddy and I went on. We knew there was a big one in the area, but never realized he was as big as he was until we actually got him on the ground!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Awesome! That squirrel looks alot like one my buck was chasing! What are the odds?
masboy

Post by masboy »

You guys make me jealous! I never get the big ones!!!!
strum

Post by strum »

at first i didnt belive your story but now im starting to think its TRUE :shock:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I love you guys! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

PA_DeerHunter wrote:Yes, I've been approached by a new outdoors sports program called B.S. OUTDOORS, and they want to send a video crew out to get the story and video of my buck, as well as the now infamous lamp post! I will let you know when the episode airs. Count on it!

Hey I've heard of that company! They used to be called B.N. Outdoors (BigNasty Outdoors), but had to change the name of their company because they kept stealing footage of other people's harvests and using them on their show, duping people into thinking they were these awesome hunters or something. Image

onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Yo Big58 i would like to buy that Squirrel tail ...I make fishing lures and this one would be a doozy ...maybe it be the lure i could catch moby dick with :lol: or his brother
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

onebigskittle wrote:Yo Big58 i would like to buy that Squirrel tail ...I make fishing lures and this one would be a doozy ...maybe it be the lure i could catch moby dick with :lol: or his brother

Before I read all of your post, I started thinking, "What's he wanting to catch with something like that, Moby Dick?" :lol:

Sorry, I already had it made into fur coats for my wife, mother, mother-in-law, and 2 cousins. :wink:

Gewehrhund

Post by Gewehrhund »

The G11 on the left side of that rack must be 30" inches long! What did he green score? I'm guessing around 12,000 inches!!!!!
2011 Vortex w/S5
Fire Bolts w/rage 100 gn for deer
Fire Bolts w/bolt cutters for everything else
.338 Ruger compact mag
Nikon Pro Staff LRF
Excal FFF string
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Your a good man 58 for looking out for the family but next monster squirell keep me in mind ...a tail like that could be worth a few million :lol:
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Wow that is a good one. I didn't get that one on my cell phone yet. I've seen bigger ones in PA and have let them walk. Gene pool you know. What kind of underwear were you wearing? Might buy some to change my luck. As for the squirrel I'd watch out for the fleas. They could tear your butt up. Keep up the good posts guys/gals. I will continue searching the web in my quest to take a trophy such as those. :)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

true what the man did wasnt cool, and its anyones guess as to why he may have done it, but i feel kinda bad for the crap kicking hes getting.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-