Inconsistant fps, string blowing off

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman

Inconsistant fps, string blowing off

Post by deerman »

Made a big discovery with my Exomax today. The bow just didnt sound right when I was in the bow shop today and the fps went up and down from 224fps to 300fps. Guys in the shop said man thats loud. well it did seem louder than normal. It also was only shooting 224 fps with a 474 grain arrow and that was very slow for a Max. Went home and shot at 20 yards and the arrow hit 1.5 feet low. Second shot it hit the dirt and my string blew off. Put te cheater glasses on to inspect the limbs a little closer and found hairline cracks on the rt limb and the left limb had hairline cracks two inches from the tip of the limb. Bummer as the rut is underway here in the Thumb of MI. Buddy sent me a photo of a monster 10pt breeding a Doe in his backyard this morning at 11;00am!!! I need a xbow like yesterday :evil: Whats the process to get new limbs for the Exomax?? Send the limbs down to Dan Miller or send to Excalibur??
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
gendoc

Re: Inconsistant fps, string blowing off

Post by gendoc »

you need to call dan... he will probably be faster........740-483-2312
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Since your in the U.S call danny miller...1-740-483-2312
Really hate to hear that but i'm sure danny will get you fixed asap!!
Good Luck!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'll bet it's the string . . .or improper seating of the nock to the string.

It's a string issue . . .not a bow issue . . .just guessing . . .but, I've done the same thing and it was a thin string which resulted in improper seating.

You are performing a partial dry-fire. Done enough and it will crack the limbs.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
snapperdan

Post by snapperdan »

Brace highth?
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
deerman

Post by deerman »

snapperdan wrote:Brace highth?
I have the S5's on and they are about 1/16 from touching the rubber bumper and inside the brace highth marks on the riser. A closer check of the rt limb shows a crack on the edge of the limb. If you were to run your hand along the edge you would get a nasty splinter in your hand. The Lt limb may have a crack two inches down from the mag tip. They do replace these limbs in pairs dont they?? I would think thats how they would. I need a bow,its the best time of the year and Im inop!!! :evil:
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Send whole assembled riser into Danny asap, will be back in a few days like new. He'll replace both limbs.
"Eze 18:21"
deerman

Post by deerman »

awshucks wrote:Send whole assembled riser into Danny asap, will be back in a few days like new. He'll replace both limbs.
Ya I talked to Danny today and told him of the splinter crack along the edge of the rt limb and hairline cracks throught the limbs so he said send it down and he will inspect and if needed warranty them. It just kills me not being out there in my favorite place on earth during the startup of the rut. I mailed it today so he will have it Saturday and ship new ones Monday have them Wednesday, that sucks but what can one do. I will have a few days to xbow hunt til the booming & banging starts on the Nov 15th. Wish they had a xbow rental here in town. Dan's the man when it comes to knowing the Excalibur. Good luck this season!!
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

I feel bad for you. I can overnight my Exomag to you until you get your new limbs if it would help you out. I have enough coin to do that. I hurt myself yesterday in the tree and cant really walk all that well right now so I can rest during the rut and let you hunt it.

Let me know,

Mark
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

It would have almost been quicker for you to have been sent the limbs and you return the cracked ones .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
deerman

Post by deerman »

MarkMarine wrote:I feel bad for you. I can overnight my Exomag to you until you get your new limbs if it would help you out. I have enough coin to do that. I hurt myself yesterday in the tree and cant really walk all that well right now so I can rest during the rut and let you hunt it.

Let me know,

Mark
Hey thanks for the generous offer but Danny Miller will have them back to me maybe Tuesday. I have to put on a QDM Co-op meeting tomorrow at 11:00am so I wouldnt be able to hunt tomorrow anyway and I pulled a muscle in my neck upper back cocking the Exomax with the rope cockers as I misplaced my crankaroo somewhere around my house. It will give my neck and back a rest til tuesday or Wednesday anyway, but thank you again for the offer. Good luck in the bush this year;Deerman
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Keep his address handy . . .you may need it sooner than later if you have not identified the cause of the problem.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen