Piece of my Excalibur equiptment I hate the most.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

End of the road

Re: Piece of my Excalibur equiptment I hate the most.

Post by End of the road »

I did not like the Excal quiver either and did not like carrying more stuff in my hands or a bag. I went with an inexpensive hip quiver I found made by a company called E.W. Bateman in Texas that holds four arrows. I have dedicated an old belt for it so I can just strap it on like a gun belt. Using a separate belt allows me to slide the quiver forward or back for the most comfortable position. It also has a quick release strap at the bottom so I can strap it to my leg and prevent swing as I walk. It has a rubber grippy thing to hold the arrows up top, a quick release strap that goes over the arrow shafts for extra safety and the broadhead is stuck into a piece of closed cell foam. I really like it.
JRS

Post by JRS »

Boo wrote:Danny Miller's mount is a very light alternative. It's cheap and very efficient. It goes across the front of the bow so you can still manipulate the arrow. Plus it's cheap! Guess which quiver mount Bill used when he whacked an Elephant? If I had to have a quiver on my bow that would be the one.
I will stick the Game Plan. It's pretty near perfect.
Gotta agree. I bought mine when they first were offered. Think I paid around $30 shipped for both the mount and new Bohning quiver. Much lighter than any other mounting system I've seen (not putting down anyone else).
yakman$

Post by yakman$ »

I must admit my quiver bugged me to... But i got this top mount quiver holder and since then it has not bugged me at all. I carry my bow on my back a lot and this is the best fix i have found.....
Dont ask me the brand i have no idea. But i will say i love it...

See photos

Sorry for the poor photos taken with my cell phone..
Excalibur Exomax
Lumen-Arrow
Bolt Cutters 150gr
S5

BEST Crossbow I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!