Phoenix and Ibex grip

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Leonidas

Phoenix and Ibex grip

Post by Leonidas »

Can anyone compare/describe the grip "thickness" between these two models? I am ready to order, but I am concerned about this. I have VERY small hands. People think I exaggerate, until I tell them I only wear a size 7 1/2 ring or show them my hands.

I have been leaning towards the Phoenix, but wanted to be sure the grip isn't super thick.
Thanks.
Leonidas

Re: Phoenix and Ibex grip

Post by Leonidas »

The first two I have called don't have both in stock. Will try the last two listed.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Helps to know where you are located. I know you can post a response, but if you fill out a tad more of your profile, it will be there for prosperity.

My posts tell you I'm in Arkansas, which means two things, either stop by if ever passing through or write me off as as hill billy, lol.

Back to business at hand. I prefer Phoenix over Ibex, but if in USA, order from Danny, he'll no doubt swap you out for next to nothing, if you decide you went the wrong way.

Being from Ar, I know naught about Canada except they make great xbows and maple syrup, so I can't offer advice for y'all up there.
"Eze 18:21"
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

Thanks for suggestion on Danny. Already spoke to him and will be ordering from him. Just trying to save the hassle of a return.

As for the profile, yes I know how to do that. I have been hanging out on forums longer than most people have known about the Internet. Trying to reduce the amount of personal info I put on the web.

FWIW, I am from Michigan :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reply.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Trying to reduce the amount of personal info I put on the web.
For the forum's purposes, USA or Canada would suffice. Not singling you out by any means, it's just something I like to point out. :D

You'll like which ever one you pick!
"Eze 18:21"
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

The thumb hole requires most to take hand off grip to release safety as it is a reach, the traditional stock allows you to release safety with minimal movement.

Have had both and prefer the traditional JMO
Tenpoint Matrix
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

Dereck wrote:The thumb hole requires most to take hand off grip to release safety as it is a reach, the traditional stock allows you to release safety with minimal movement.

Have had both and prefer the traditional JMO
Thanks. That helps a lot.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The wrist of stocks i belive is the same size, the diff is the thumbhole. Yes the regular stock is abit easier to throw yer safety off.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
frisky

Post by frisky »

I have a custom pistol-grip/thumb hole stock. I prefer it over the original rifle type stock. I have NO trouble getting the safety off!
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I have both the Ibex is easy to reach the string when cocking but not the safety for me anyway. I like the phoenix best. None for sale.