4 frustrating hours

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

4 frustrating hours

Post by munch »

i saw something sunday i could not believe.at 8 am i looked down to the far end of a field i was sitting on (all of a 1/2 mile long) and i could see a little buck chasing a doe after a 1/2 hour of watching from my stand i slipped down threw the standing corn to try to see how close i could get. this little buck would not let her get close to the edge. every time she tryed he would chase her back out in the open.she would lay down and he would stand 20 yards away as sill as stone not moving for 15 to 20 min. at a time. then he would lunge at her and make her stand.then around and around they would go.finally after 3 hours she let him bread her about 150 yards in front of me .all of 10 seconds .she stood with her tail up all hunched and he stood with his head down like a kid that just got scolded
thats the first time i've ever seen this in all my time hunting. they then both layed down and stayed there for the longest time before some dogs barked in the distance and they both got up and ran to the end of the field where i had been sitting in the morning.i was sure mrbig would show up and run this little guy off and i could call him in for a shoot but my plan did not turn out. was a neat thing to experience though .if you click the picture you will see them in the top right
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
VixChix

Re: 4 frustrating hours

Post by VixChix »

Very cool, Terry! It's amazing the stuff you get to see when you're out in the woods. I feel sorry for all those who never get to experience the wonder and joy of being part of the outdoors the way we get to.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
munch

Post by munch »

VixChix wrote:Very cool, Terry! It's amazing the stuff you get to see when you're out in the woods. I feel sorry for all those who never get to experience the wonder and joy of being part of the outdoors the way we get to.
hey i ment to tell you in your post kristin tells me i'm not shooting a deer because i don't have the right gun with me (hauling an 870 i bought from big john) she tells me i should be carrying an 870 jr. in 20 gauge like the one she has.i headed right down to the basement and dug it out and a box of slugs .looks like somethings going to bleed tuesday lol i can't wait to get to the bush hope it's all over by 8
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Good luck Munch!

I didn't have my Mossberg today - used a borrowed 870 (Thanks Kevin!). Don't know if that makes any difference to the deer, but ... lol
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Great story Munch. Don't you just love those encounters in the outdoors? Good luck and safe hunting. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I was reading the story and about half expected munch to say that they each pulled out a cigarette and started smoking after they were done. :lol: :lol:

I've only seen a buck and doe breeding once. It wasn't a huge buck, but a respectable 6 pt. I waited until they were done and then shot the buck. :lol: At least he died happy! :D :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cool Terry ! ... Gotta love spending time watching the Nature Channel ! ... that's my church baby !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

I have not seen a single deer in the last few times I have been out. But when I do see them, young or old, they are fun just to behold:) Thanks for sharing the story.
sinabar

Post by sinabar »

Hopefully you had better luck today.Just remember that big buck that we got the picture of on the trail cam is mine to get.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Go get 'im Sinabar! We need another one for the girls! :D