Son's new knife

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Son's new knife

Post by wabi »

I'm reluctant to post this after the recent conflict DaGriz left the forum over, but in my heart I feel like Darrel's generosity can't be ignored.

If you do not like Darrel, that's your right, but PLEASE don't clutter this thread or my PM inbox with nasty comments.

A short time ago Darrel posted a thread about trying to come up with gift suggestions for less fortunate kids. My family doesn't go hungry and live out of a cardboard box, but extra cash for luxuries is scarce with today's economy. My son got started hunting this fall and is really excited about it. I scraped enough cash together to get him a few necessities, but many of his hunting items are hand-me-downs from me.

One thing he wanted was a good hunting knife and he wasn't completely satisfied with the offerings I had. :roll:
I have a few extras, but to be honest they are in the "junk drawer" for a reason. :wink:

Darrel came to his rescue with a fine custom knife!
He actually had one with a small handle and blade that was a perfect fit for Michael's hands!

This weekend is youth gun season here, and Michael has a muzzleloader sighted in and ready (another hand-me-down from dad), and I sure hope we can connect with getting him a deer to try the new knife out on.

But deer or not he has his "own" hunting knife custom made and top quality for whenever he does manage to get his first deer!

THANKS DARREL (DaGriz) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
georgiaboy

Re: Son's new knife

Post by georgiaboy »

Great looking knife...something your son will cherish for a lifetime.
Good on ya Grizz!! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Nice knife you bought for your boy!
You know Darrel is such a kind hearted person. He's sensitive enough to see an opportunity to help but that kind heartedness (if it is a word) makes for a person who gets hurt very easily by disrespect. I know he's not well off but he'll always stop when he see a way to help someone. When I figure Darrel cools down I'll be calling him. Mean time Wabi, where is the smile on that kid of yours??? Hmmmm? Lets see it!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Boo, my goof :oops: for not making it clear this was a GIFT from Darrel to Michael!

I discussed not posting about it with Darrel when we first got it (the battle was raging at the time), but decided I needed to say something.

I just hope the members who don't like Darrel will realize this isn't an attempt on my part to get in a jab against them, but rather an attempt to share my son's excitement in getting to deer hunt and owning his very own custom hunting knife.

As for smiles, I think he takes after me. A big grin is when the corners of the mouth are level. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

he has a fine lookin knife..hope it gets bloody soon :D
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:Boo, my goof :oops: for not making it clear this was a GIFT from Darrel to Michael!

I discussed not posting about it with Darrel when we first got it (the battle was raging at the time), but decided I needed to say something.

I just hope the members who don't like Darrel will realize this isn't an attempt on my part to get in a jab against them, but rather an attempt to share my son's excitement in getting to deer hunt and owning his very own custom hunting knife.

As for smiles, I think he takes after me. A big grin is when the corners of the mouth are level. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your son still owes us a smile!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Boo wrote: Your son still owes us a smile!
Boo,
Went back and searched through my pictures.
Found one of him with a squirrel he killed -

Then I found one with a nice fish he got with the fly rod -

The I found one where I told him "OMG - I didn't know grasshopper poop was green!" -
Guess he has my sense of humor, too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Wabi that last pic/comment brought a smile to my face, almost as big as the one your boy has :D

Darrel and the vast majority of people feel the same way. When kids are happy the world smiles! Grizz is a kind man for sure.

Nice knife young man!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

That was a really kind thing to do. That says a lot about the man that made it. Don't know him and I didn't judge either party for their spat, nor take sides as I didn't have a dog in the hunt. It is sad that a man with such a good heart has left the forum, I hope he will rethink it when he cools off a bit.
John
munch

Post by munch »

wabi very nice knife i was lucky enough to get one for my son aaron and was so impressed with the knife i bought my brother one for his birthday .now to save some cash for my own .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
jakeinTX

Post by jakeinTX »

Great pics and an awesome looking knife. I think anyone that does something nice like that probably has a good heart. Good luck on your son getting a deer, it's not about the location his gear came from, but the time he spends in the woods with you!

Congrats to all parties involved!
Will hunt for food!
Texas Crossbow Hunters Club
Michigan Crossbow Federation
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Awesome looking knife! Dagriz works magic with a piece of steel. Good luck on the upcoming hunt, hope he gets to break it in right.
Crispy
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Mike, Darrel is a hell of a guy. His gift to your son only demonstrates this. All of us, every single one, has our own peculiarities which make us unique. Such uniqueness may go unappreciated by others with their own identity characteristics (some may deem flaws). Oh well, if we were all alike it would be a boring world. I would hate to know someone just like me - I ca hardly stand myself :lol:

BTW, I thought about passing my DaGriz knife onto my son prematurely...but if he doesn't give me some steaks out of that Mossy Hossy he shot, it ain't happening anytime soon! :twisted:
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Darrel has a heart as big as the outdoors. Hope he is well and someday if we are so fortunate he will return. The giving of something without expecting anything in return. Thats the definition of Darrel and of love. MarkMarine, time for a poem. :wink:
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

wabi wrote:Boo, my goof :oops: for not making it clear this was a GIFT from Darrel to Michael!

nice knife wabi 8)
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade