Do Deer like Carrots?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boomer

Re: Do Deer like Carrots?

Post by Boomer »

Thanks everyone for your help. I will get my hands on some next week. I will let you know how they work.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

strum wrote:I may be wrong here but i was thinking ,,any food you put out that the deer are not used to may have poor results...
i just seems to me that if there has beeen no carrots and all the sudden some show up the deer may be wary of em..
but after awhile they get to know them as food and thats all you put out then they will work fine..
That's a good point strum. I have some pics of the deer crouching and stretching their necks out with their ears back sniffing at the apples like they're grenades or something? :lol: Then once they get used to them being there they start munching away.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

peter p wrote:Now is a good time for carrots.
If you put them out too early in the season the deer wont touch them and the carrots start to rot and stink.
We put carrots and apples down at the same time (in different territories of course) that we Moose hunt (end of september in Quebec here in our Zone) and they go through them in no time at all.
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP