MY EXCAL WISH LIST.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wayne

MY EXCAL WISH LIST.....

Post by wayne »

Let me start off by saying I'am new to Excalibur crossbows....After finishing our 1st season with excal's & soon to be buying a 3rd one, a pink camo vixen II for my son's future wife (it's the one she would really like). I have found a few thing I would like to see from IMHO the best damn crossbow company in the world.....

* The prong's that hold the string, already polished (like the tech tip on Boo's web site) ya can rise the price by $50.00 if ya have to...It's not bad on our vortex or ibex, but could be better, am currently on my 4th excal flemish string on my vortex because of nicks in the serving were prongs come in contact (but I did shoot a whole lot of arrows out of it this year)....I'll be following Boo's tech tip on polishing the prong's this winter & the reserving tech tip for my strings this winter.

* Better grip were hands go on the stock (It's alittle to smooth while the gloves are on & as I've gotten older I seem to have less feeling in my hands) I put some godda grip stick on rubber thing-of-a-bobs, & it worked fine, but looks doggy do. :lol:

* Maybe a all flat black vortex...I think more & more of us are hunting in these blacked out inside pop-up blinds, I been dressing in all black & would like a flat black vortex, if ya think it would be a seller.

* And for my biggest wish from excalibur....Drum roll please.... :lol:
A BOWFISHING EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW & PACKAGE.....Maybe something with the axiom type rail.

As ya can till my list is very minor, The 2 Excal's we bought this year have by far exceeded our expectations. :!: :!: :!:

Was also wondering what other excal user's would like to see in the future from excal...I'am sure this has been done before...but I thought I would run it again.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
georgiaboy

Re: MY EXCAL WISH LIST.....

Post by georgiaboy »

X2 on the all black vortex!! 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Hi Wayne; I personaly would not change a thing on my equinox;;;; IT fit's me just fine ;; IT is 100% stock from the factory ..... except for my S5's , BUT i'm a person who believe's in if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!! :wink: But i don't have a problem w/people upgrading,( boo string's, custome built stocks ,arrows , or anything else they want to do )!!!! to each thier own :wink: Oh i also shoot firebolt stock arrow's :) BUT one of these days i would like to buy another one and give it the whole treatment :wink: :wink: :lol: I just can't seem to put it down long enough :roll: IT is truly the very best crossbow in the world :wink: :wink:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
NFH

Post by NFH »

>X3 on the all black vortex
>A top mount quiver (I like my wyvern bracket)
>A lower draw weight bow like the vixen ii with shorter limbs (more compact)
>make the grey rail and riser black so they match the trigger,scope,mount,and S5 suppressors

These are the only "improvements" I can think of; these are truly spectacular bows and as close to perfection as anything on the market.
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

NFH wrote:>X3 on the all black vortex
>A top mount quiver (I like my wyvern bracket)
>A lower draw weight bow like the vixen ii with shorter limbs (more compact)
>make the grey rail and riser black so they match the trigger,scope,mount,and S5 suppressors

These are the only "improvements" I can think of; these are truly spectacular bows and as close to perfection as anything on the market.
Welcome to the forum!! :D :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
NFH

Post by NFH »

Thanks for the welcome Georgiaboy. Been lurking for a long time. This forum is responsible for my buying a vortex this year and finally getting serious about bow hunting. I've been an avid gun hunter for years and have a recurve vertical bow but never felt confident enough with it to hunt. I got my 1st 2nd and 3rd archery kills this year with my excal. So thank you for the guidance!

Back on topic, I would like to add; the Excalibur scopes could use some better glass. I would gladly pay more for them with better glass. And the lowest brightness on my shadowzones illuminated reticle is still too bright in low light and washes out the target.
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
Extreme

Post by Extreme »

Only thing that I can think of would be making the limbs shorter,making the bow a bit more compact.Other then that they are perfect
Matrix 355
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Nothing wrong with my excals but if I had a wish it would be a carbon model in the phoenix or equinox and also a solid black model phoenix or vixen 2;
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

One thing I would like to see is a ridge on the fore end of the stock, to prevent ones thumb from stick up above the rail and in the path of the string. It doesnt have to be big, just enough to be uncomfortable. If there's any kind of ridge it will serve as a reminder to lower your thumb before a shot.

My intentions are to make one to go on the bow I'm going to be giving my kid for Christmas. I don't wish that unpleasant feeling on anyone!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

Only thing that comes to my mind is the possibilty of a camo scope version offered up. I like my bow to blend in and it is the one upgrade that im looking at.

matt
frisky

Post by frisky »

Extreme wrote:Only thing that I can think of would be making the limbs shorter,making the bow a bit more compact.Other then that they are perfect

X2
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Would like to see a few changes .

1 - I have to agree - The illuminated scope is way to bright even on lowest setting .

2 --Top mounted quiver bracket - I use the Wyvern style works great .

3 -- would like to see the addition of some magnets in the handles of the rope cocker . Touch the handles together and they would stick together . Would not fall off from around your neck .
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Shorter limbs and a pouch on the side of the stock to put the rope cocker in