Nikon Bolt XR

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

airborne

Nikon Bolt XR

Post by airborne »

Anyone out there seen or used one of these scopes?
Gamikatsu

Re: Nikon Bolt XR

Post by Gamikatsu »

i'd like to see the reticle... from Nikon's hunting sight they didn't have any pictures of it... they say you can get a BDC turret for it and tune it for any FPS... 150 bucks isn't half bad for it either...
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
masboy

Post by masboy »

my son told me he looked at one and liked it. said it had little circles and each was smaller as they went down under the crosshair.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

it is on their website now as well. You don't get a customized turret but rather you enter your arrow and bow speed info into their "Spot On" caculator (on their website or you can get Iphone/android apps) and it will tell you what yardage corresponds to each crosshair circle. The nice thing is that the scope is a fixed 3x so you can't accidently bump it and move your aim points.

I use their BDC scopes on several rifles and if you enter the correct info into the program they are dead on.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

I bought one this as soon as it became available. I had the Varizone but really dislike the "arrowheads" for aiming points. I am very impressed with the Nikon. I don't have a chronograph so I didn't use their program. I just sighted in the main crosshair for 20yds and went from there. The other aiming circles happen to work out for my setup and are right on. I have a Exocet 200. The glass is very clear and bright. Unfortuantely I haven't been able to hunt this year so I can't comment on low light performance. TC